Eiswolf GPU-pump stop working

Lasseboa

Hey I have an eiswolf for MSI 1080TI founders Edition - using GPX-N TitanX pro M02 (Article no.: 11410).
I wanted to know if I am able to replace the pump with Alphacool NexXxos GPX Pro Solo with backplate (Article no.: 11427) from your shop? Are they compatible?
or what solution do you suggest to solve the problem? - Idle temperature 50-60C :/ - Unable to use GPU atm.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hey, the block is EOL and we do not produce it anymore. Can you please shoot a photo of the back side from the block? I need to see how the cold plate is placed to give you an answer.

Lasseboa

Hey Metropolis34

The pump/contact point with the GPU unit --> Is it not the same as the Alphacool NexXxos GPX Pro Solo?
I just want to swap out the pump with a new one, or can I replace the pump in the unit like you able to do with an eisbear?
1588015725380.png

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Yes i know what you mean but i need to see the cold plates positioning on the blocks back side. And they are not the same some of them are sitting strait and some of them are 45° turned. You need to uninstall the block and shoot a photo from the bottom plate i am affraid. Normally it should fit but i just want to be sure and not make any mistake by advising you a wrong product you know :)

Lasseboa

Yes i know what you mean but i need to see the cold plates positioning on the blocks back side. And they are not the same some of them are sitting strait and some of them are 45° turned. You need to uninstall the block and shoot a photo from the bottom plate i am affraid. Normally it should fit but i just want to be sure and not make any mistake by advising you a wrong product you know :)
Fair enough, I just thought you would have 3D-schematics of all your products so It was not necessary for me to uninstall/disassemble the whole thing. I'll be back :)
Another thing: Could an eisbear pump be able to pump sufficiently in a loop consisting of CPU,GPU,radiator 280 ?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Yes we do have the 3D draws but not for the products which are EOL sorry :) You want to use in your system only one radiator? If yes the pump should be enough to run the system but any additional component would make life diffcult for that small thing ^^

Lasseboa

Well I have an Eisbaer with a 280mm radiator and the Eiswolf has the 120mm radiator.
I could connect all of them and hope that the Eisbear pump to give sufficient flow?
Or could I buy a separate pump unit and connect it to the loop (could that be an option?)
I have some space restrictions as I only have a Fractal design C case so adding additional components will require some tinkering.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
If you have an Eisbaer and an Eiswolf you have two pumps in your system which is fine and enough to run it. You dont need to add a new pump or reservoir :)

Lasseboa

Hey Metropolis34

I have not disassembled the cooler, but I am confident that these promotional pictures from a hardware store is accurate.
Same model as mine.

GPU2.jpg