Eiszyklon RGB Fan help.

GeekFix

Hey guys, I'm hoping for some help. I'm still tearing my hear out trying to get my argb fans under control. It looks like I need some sort of convter. Basically I have x2 120mm and x 2 140mm ALPHACOOL EISZYKLON AURORA LUX PRO Addressable RGB Fans in my system. As my motherboard has no rgb header. I was advised that the corsair commander Pro although expensive would do the job. Unfortunately due to covid stock has been impossible to find until now. So I now have my corsair commander Pro but clearly the 3pin jst fan connector doesn't connect. Please for the life of me, does anyone know what damn connector I need to connect these fans to the controller?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The Corsair Commander Pro is not able to controll Digital RGB LEDs (adressable RGB LED). It can only handle the old RGB LEDs. ;-)

GeekFix

The Corsair Commander Pro is not able to controll Digital RGB LEDs (adressable RGB LED). It can only handle the old RGB LEDs. ;-)

This is what i was told and confirmed by alphacool:

Sonny said:
Consider that ARGB (or DRGB) headers have 3 pin (+5,data,ground) not 4. If it’s a standard 4 pin you can only connect 12v non addressable RGB
This information is correct. The ARGB,s are operating with 3 Pin and at 5V. 4 Pin connections are for non addressable RGB at 12V.

So as much as i appreciate your response and help i kind of hope your wrong

Sonny

False.
I do not have a commander pro here with me right now, but I'm pretty sure you can control argb fans with iCUE. Point is, since it has only 2 rgb output, to connect more fans you'll need their controller, the rgb hub or whatever they call it.

edit: to be more specific, you'll need iCUE to setup everything and make your fans recognize as rgb strip (because Corsair of course do not make your life easy without their stuff)., so you can control everything in windows without any remote. As I said in the other thread, this, or the eismatrix II + adapters (you'll use the remote control instead) are the two possible solutions if you do not have any argb header on your motherboard.

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
As far we know you can not control with iCUE the aRGB strait you need a controller for it. If you read the article description there is no information about this issue.
Also commander pro nothing in the article description but under the technical description it says that you can connect 5V RGB. The statements are confusing and we dont want to give wrong information. I think you guys should ask corsair directly really.

Sonny

it’s confusing I guess because they imply you are in their ecosystem, so they provide the bare minimum informations.
I’m pretty sure they will not be of help for this, because what Geekfix is asking is a sort of workaround to use Alphacool stuff on Corsair stuff, which, as I said, it is possibile, but depending on the configuration it would need other hubs, adapters and some compromises. They have a specific rgb hub (lighting node pro) that connect to one of the commander pro rgb out to get multiple outputs, so you can control 3rd party argb fans as long you trick iCUE thinking they are led strips and not fans. The Commander pro rgb outa are 3 pins, so of course they are 5v vdg output, in fact you can directly connect an argb strip to it.

Again, this is not an ‘out of the box’ working solution, there‘a some work to do, but there are plenty of informations on how to do it all over Reddit and YouTube, if geekfix want to ‘fix’ this (sorry, I couldn’t resist) it takes just few clicks and a bit of patience. If this worth or not it’s another matter, the cheapest solution is still the eismatrix II and the adapters to connect the aurora rgb pro fans and just use the remote with its own limits.