Expand to a GPU from a Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280

Thestral

Hi,
I'm willing to buy the Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 RGB for my build, but in the future i would like to expand to water cool my gpu. I'm probably waiting to upgrade the GPU first, but when I do, how should i proceed?
What i've noticed is that the Alphacool Eisbaer GPX Extension comes only with the old style tubes (not the smooth aurora one), are the others coming? Also can i attach them directly to a Eisblock GPX-N? Should I after refill the loop?
If not can you describe how the upgrade would work?

Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
New extension Sets with the same tubes like the Eisbaer Aurora have are on the way. But because of Corona..... everything takes longer in the moment. I am not really sure when we will have the new extensionsets on stock.

You have three otions to put your GPU inside the loop

1. New Eiswolf 2 AIO (coming soon)
We will also release the new Eiswolf AIO for GPUs. Here you can see a pic of it: https://www.pinterest.de/pin/147563325279115425/
It has a pump included it you will get it for RX 5700/5700XT Reference Desing or RTX2080/2080TI Founders Edition. Also with Quick Coupelings. So you can put both together very easy over the QDCs.

2. Eiswolf 2 prefilled
For some custom GPUs (5700/5700XT and 2080/2080TI) we will have this unit without a radiator, but prefilled with some tubes and QDCs. So you can also mount everything very easy together. Here you will also dont need to fill the loop.

3. Normal GPU block
You need the extension set and you need to fill the loop with water, because the GPU cooler is not prefilled. So next to the extension set, you will need some fluid and a small funnel to fill everything over the Eisbaer Aurora Fill-Port. Its a bit tricky and i would do it outside the case. But its not too hard to do.

Thestral

Hi, thanks for the response.
1) So to understand better, does the New Eiswolf 2 AIO and Eiswolf 2 prefilled have also a pump included? I'm assuming you cannot have 2 pump in the same loop no?
2) Is the CPU pump of the Eisbaer enough for the entire loop with the gpu addittion? Specially if added another 120/140 radiator.
3) Do you have some benchmarks for a 280mm radiator? For example would it be enough for a 2080ti and i7 9700k?

Thanks!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hi,

1. The Eiswolf 2 has a pump included, yes. Its not a problem to have 2 pumps in a loop. In this constelation with the Eisbaer Aurora you will have 2 x DC-LT pumps. Nice thing is, more power at all and the system is redundant.

2. The pump is strong enough for a big radiator, the Eisbaer and a GPU cooler. With a further radiator the pump could be maybe not strong enough but mostly is working well. Depends on the position of the radiators and wich cooler you are yousing.

3. Sorry now. From our experience a 280 mm is only strong enough for a i7 9700k and a 2080Ti if you are using strong fans with over 1500 rpm. If you like a quiet system, i would minum prefere a 360 mm radiator for this setup. For a GPU alone, a 240 mm is minimum for good temperatures with very less noise. For CPUs with less than 100W TDP a 120 mm radiator is enough. But with OC you can get very fast over 140 W.