Failed - high temps on semi -idle LT360

Homefarm

HI

I have 2 LT360 Eisbaer, one on each 7980XE. Very happy until now. Unit 1903LC362501725 causing massive spike to 99-100c
I have reseated, with new paste and checked for leaks etc, no water noise and no whine.
Removed unit for service as not usable.
Purchased 30/114/2019 from Ebuyer Order 26472553.
Fitted at top of Corsair 750D case with 7980XE and 2080ti.

Homefarm

Hi There,
Is there any flow? Does the pump work?
HI Yes there is flow of some sort. The first fan section is warm, not hot. The second fan area is cool, and the third is cold.
The flow pipe is hot, and return pipe cold. It goes straight to high temp 90-99, then stays at 99c. The 7980XE is hot I know but my other "same type" pc works happily at 80c, under all 18 cores on heavy calculations.

Fitted at top of case, photo too large for your uploader, but it's a very straight-forward installation in a big case and loads of fanx

Homefarm

Sorry I haven't I didnt want to invalidate warranty? I treat it as a sealed unit, I can't really do much with it?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Okay, than you have two option. You can return the unit to Ebuyer regarding RMA / replace. You can send the unit also to us we can check it out and if needed repair it and send it to you back. You are from the UK i guess? If so and you want to send it to us you need to pay for the shipping to us and we pay the return to you.

Homefarm

Okay, than you have two option. You can return the unit to Ebuyer regarding RMA / replace. You can send the unit also to us we can check it out and if needed repair it and send it to you back. You are from the UK i guess? If so and you want to send it to us you need to pay for the shipping to us and we pay the return to you.
OK, direct to you is faster I think as Ebuyer will slow it down. Your RMA details please? I will have to buy another immediately to keep the PC working.
I opened the hex plug and there was water in there. I could not see any "clogg" etc.

Thank you for your help.

Question. If i buy the Aurora is that a better unit for my 7980XE?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
OK, direct to you is faster I think as Ebuyer will slow it down. Your RMA details please?
We can not handle the RMA directly as you have not purchased the unit from us. We can only offer the repair service. If you want to RMA the product you need to do it trough Ebuyer. If you still want to send us the unit regarding repair just send it to us with the copy of the invoice and a short description of the problem.
If i buy the Aurora is that a better unit for my 7980XE
The Aurora and LT are very similar in case of performance. The only difference is that the Aurora has got an integrated reservoir which makes the filling very easy.

Homefarm

Alphacool Eisbaer LT360

Quickfind:882327Invoice:25396487Unfortunately the return period for this item has now expired.

Please seek advice from the manufacturer of the product, in most cases they will deal with your warranty claims.
ebuyer reply???

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Alphacool Eisbaer LT360

Quickfind:882327Invoice:25396487Unfortunately the return period for this item has now expired.

Please seek advice from the manufacturer of the product, in most cases they will deal with your warranty claims.
ebuyer reply???
What kind of an answer is this ?? You are nor returning the product you want to start an RMA. Can you ask them how long they offer warranty please?

If I want to get a stronger performance from your cool;ers, which model should I buy please, help appreciated.
Only for the CPU right?

Homefarm

TDP about 250w i think, but no overclock.

I just spoke to Ebuyer and they are giving me an RMA, but I may still buy another.