'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

grizli9000

Oh, well, I’ll receive card on Monday only and will mention here then. It’s definitely not a 100% reference design.

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
If its not a reference card then i can only say that we have to wait and see the demand on it. If it is worth we probably will produce a block for this card but i can not tell much for the moment.

Vapormatt

here is a picture of the PCB layout

Attachments

• gamerock 3090oc pcb layout.jpg
    gamerock 3090oc pcb layout.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 73
  • gamerock rear PCB.jpg
    gamerock rear PCB.jpg
    855.5 KB · Views: 88

n5000

Thanks... hm... we dont have a block for and ther eis no plan to make a block for. And the PCB is completely different to all other PCBs. I am not sure if we will make a block for. Try this if you live in europ: https://www.alphacool.com/send-it-and-get-one-cooler-for-free

Hello.

I submitted the form and the response was just " we do not have have a cooler for this GPU and will not produce a acooler for. " This makes a big dent in my trust for your brand and you should remove that page altogether if you have no intention to honour the promises made there.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Of course we decide if it makes sense to develop a cooler or not. And for a lot of cards, it makes no sene. Because if you are not able to sell a min quantity it makes no sense for us.

BobertCole

I'd like to add myself to the petition for a Gamerock 3090 waterblock!
I'm not sure how you assess whether it is worth while making a block for a card, but the Gamerock has been one of the only top tier cards readily available in the UK thus far so I expect that there will be a fair market share!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We judge this by global sales figures, not by individual countries. Since we supply products worldwide, sales figures for individual countries are irrelevant.
It may simply be that we have already received the 3D design directly from Gainward, in which case the colleague has simply expressed himself in a clumsy way. Unfortunately, I don't know at this point.

Vapormatt

If you look globally you will see the Gamerock 3090 is sold in many country's and is a top tier card with great overclocking potential with more power phases than the asus strix 3090. A water block for this card would be desirable for many owners who know a great card when released. Its a shame that waterblock manufactures don't support the top tier cards as this is where waterblocks would be most desirable. many for sale in germany too, but all out of stock like most etailers. please consider making a block for the gamerock 3090 you might even have market dominance for a great card.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We know the sales figures and know which cards are most requested and which models are most popular. As an example, Asus cards are far less common than models that no one talks about. It is always a misconception that cards that everyone talks about really have high sales figures. Most of the time, exactly the opposite is the case. We have completely different insights than normal end customers.
But that doesn't mean that we don't make a cooler for it. It's just that we are currently full with other models and we have a lockdown in Germany again. Of course, this is causing various delays again.

I’ll buy two if that helps ?

No seriously I really hope Alphacool makes a waterblock for the Gamerock pcb as this card cater for OC with 3x8 pin, 370/420 TDP, 22 phase power delivery, identical sp-cap&mlcc configuration as Reference PCB and dual bios on both OC and non OC version. (To my understanding both of these version have same PCB, but I’m not 100% sure)

Also this card having 4 dedicated phases for memory power makes it one of the better(best?) card for memory oc, so a active cooled backplate would be a good selling/buing point.

And another point is that this card, in my eyes, is hideous with it’s plastic rgb front. I guess a lot of people, myself including, have bought it because of the above mentioned specs. and availability figures(I returned a Gigabyte Eagle OC to keep the Gamerock non OC). So I would assume quite a lot of buyers like myself are looking to replace the dassling angel plastic look as well.

Stay safe

Feo69

As the owner of 3080 Gamerock , it is sad for me to hear that the waterblock on 3080/3090 Gamerock may not be produced =(

Metalksonic

[QUOTE = "Eddy, Beitrag: 9848, Mitglied: 5"]
Natürlich entscheiden wir, ob es Sinn macht, einen Kühler zu entwickeln oder nicht. Und für viele Karten macht es keinen Sinn. Denn wenn Sie nicht in der Lage sind, eine Mindestmenge zu verkaufen, macht dies für uns keinen Sinn.
[/ZITAT]
Bitte stellen Sie einen solchen Kühler für das RTX 3090 Palit Game Rock / OC her, die Leiterplatte ist die gleiche!

Ich werde auch eines davon kaufen, wenn es hergestellt wird, bitte vernickeltes Kupfer!