Gigabyte 3080 Vision OC Waterblock...

Knightmd

Will the Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090/3080 Gaming/Eagle work?

The product page only mentions compatibility with the Gaming and Eagle 3080:

Bykski and Barrow both have waterblocks for the 3080, but they feel quite shady tbh.

Dulcow

Could you explain why the existing waterblock (Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090/3080 Gaming/Eagle) would not work on the Vision OC card? Are there any components in the way or even a different layout? Is it just because you did not have a chance to test it yet?

It looks like both Bykski and Barrow have only one design for the 3 cards (which would also make sense from a manufacturing standpoint on Gigabyte side).

Thanks

Knightmd

Sorry, no, we dont offer a block for the Vision right now.

I'd like to know the answer to that question too. Why doesn't the Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090/3080 Gaming/Eagle work for the Vision? Is it because it wasn't tested? The Vision should have the same PCB, right?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We dont know wich PCB the Vision have, so we cant say anything about it.

Dulcow

Hi there,

I have opened my RTX 3080 Vision OC card and I have attached 2 photos of the PCB. It looks exactly the same as the one from the Gaming OC/Eagle as Barrow/Bykski hinted. I hope it will help you to validate the support for this block on the Vision OC model.

One question to Alphacool staff: what is the height of the backplate once installed? I have clearance issues with my ROG Crosshair VIII Impact with the Bykski waterblock and I'm considering to Alphacool if it fits (I have attached a photo as well).

It looks like I'm allowed 3mm height maximum. The Alphacool backplate looks quite thick but I'm wondering if there are some "carvings" inside that would allow it to be closer to the PCB. I would like to avoid cutting any backplate...

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20201216_213322.jpg
    20201216_213322.jpg
    819.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 20201216_213335.jpg
    20201216_213335.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20201217_094959.jpg
    20201217_094959.jpg
    779.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Thanks, we will check that :)

Well.... Mini-ITX... and Asus... they like to ignore the ATX specifications..... :cautious: You can do 2 things.

1. Mount it without the backplate, but than you need to use the same screws like you use for the 4 threads around the GPU (that spring screws) to mount the cooler in the right way. Backlate doesnt really matter, its mor for the clean design. It doesnt really help to cool the gpu in anyway. Only 1-2°C maybe. I know that the backplate gets very warm, but that has hardly any effect on the cooling itself.

2. If you can, make a cutout on the backplate. A small cut-out that you sawed yourself is no problem at this point.

Dulcow

Great news ;)

Also, did you manage to check the thickness of the backplate once installed (distance from the edge of the backplate to the PCB)? If it's more than 3mm, it looks that I won't be able to use an Alphacool waterblock unless I cut the corner (literally).

Thanks

80Genty

Has anyone tried this block yet on the vision yet. I believe the black power connector from the card edge (converts the proprietory conenctor on pcb to the 2xPCIE 8 pin) floats off the card rather than being attached to the cooler?

Also, does anyone know where gigabyte stand on RMA's for carefully reassembled cards.

Haven't fitted water blocks to graphics cards since twin sli 8800 days :eek:. I'm older and more pessimistic/paranoid about things breaking.

Thanks

Dulcow

I haven't tried the waterblock from Alphacool but the one from Bykski does work fine.

As for the cables, you can purchase custom cables from there:

Bykski is providing some cables with their waterblock but it's kind of crappy (very thin, not easy to bend nor pretty).

skalazion

Hi, any update yet to the 3090 Vision from Gigabyte? The compability list says it was only a visual test.

Edit:
article 11942 works perfectly on a 3090 Vision from Gigabyte! thank you!

Last edited: