GIGABYTE Aorus 2080 Ti XTREME - AIO watercooling advice - suggestions

NMKZ78

Hello!,

First time poster here - awesome forums !!
Some questions inc!!

I have an Aorus 2080 Ti XTREME 11GB from Gigabyte for about a year now. I have recently done a makeover of my computer (re-casing) and I now have much more space in my Lian Li 011-D XL. I have a spare Kraken X3 360mm AIO which i wanted to fit in my Graphics Card... so i started looking into the web for solutions.
The Kraken G12 was the only solution which could fit (according to NZXT) so I bought it. The problem is that the Kraken G12 does not fit into Gigabyte GPUS as they are not standard issues...aka XTREME.
I have seen that AlphaCool does some amazing things with watercooling and I have seen their AIO solution 240mm which seems very nice.
Does anyone know if there is a modding that I can do or some solution to fit a Kraken x73 into an Alphacool solution / shroud or does it mean i have to buy the whole Eiswolf AIO? If they dont do, does anyone know if they produce AIO watercooling with 360 mm?
Any help is really appreciated as i am in a dead end.. I have contacted NZXT which is a very nice company but after the 2nd email they have disappeared and they do not respond. (their first response was that i have to do some modding with Kraken G12 shroud but did not give any specifics).
So coming to an end does anyone have any bright idea that can help?

Cheers and sorry for all the wall of text!

NMKZ78

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
All Kraken AIOs are using alluminium radiators and a own size of fittings. So if you put aluminium radiators with our copper parts together..... google for galvanic reaction ;-)
At all, i dont understand why you want to do this. The pump of the Kraken is weak, because its only made for the CPU AIO. But for a bigger loop..... good luck. With the Eiswolff Pump together, it will works but i dont see a solution where you can connect both parts in a good way. Ther is a reaseon why we use standard parts for our AIOs so everything fits together. NZXT doesn`t care about that. They have another target with there AIOs.

NMKZ78

All Kraken AIOs are using alluminium radiators and a own size of fittings. So if you put aluminium radiators with our copper parts together..... google for galvanic reaction ;-)
At all, i dont understand why you want to do this. The pump of the Kraken is weak, because its only made for the CPU AIO. But for a bigger loop..... good luck. With the Eiswolff Pump together, it will works but i dont see a solution where you can connect both parts in a good way. Ther is a reaseon why we use standard parts for our AIOs so everything fits together. NZXT doesn`t care about that. They have another target with there AIOs.

Thanks a lot for the response Eddy!

I will investigate further and make a decision!!

Kind regards