Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080

Quickness

Hi. I am trying to purchase the waterblock for my Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, but I have two questions.

First, in the manual, step 7 says to 'connect the power supply as shown', but there is no power supply cable listed in the parts list. This card has two flat 8 pin connectors in it (as shown in the picture in your manual). Is this something I can purchase separately from you? Or is it included and just not shown in the list?

Second, my goal is to connect to my motherboard or iCue system. Is the RGB header on the block a standard 5V motherboard header? If not, do you sell any adapters that would work for me (I have a 5V -> iCue adapter already)?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
That big black block comes with the graphics card itselfe. Its a block wich is mounted on the PCB of this card. The manual shows how to connect this special Gigabyte block on the card.

All our aRGB cables have a 3-Pin JST with an adapter to the normal 5V 3-Pin connector. What do you have exactly from Corsair? Because they dont use standard connectors, they have an own version on for example the Commander Pro.

Quickness

Ah OK. So that black box will hang externally to the waterblock?

I have made a special connector that converts 5V aRGB to Corsair, so the included one will work perfectly for me!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Right, thats the way :) That black blox will hang externally. We dont want to make the cooler longer only for that box. Also a reason was.... the look would be terrible if you have a big black box under the acryl.

Ok, nice.