Happy Eiswolf2 user but I'm an RGB idiot pls help

pdifolco

Just received today my Eiswolf2 for 3080 Eagle... and installed it this afternoon !

Super happy with it, my GPU never reached more than 1800Mhz and went up to 75C with super loud fans, it's now easy peasy at 1930MHz and don't reach 60c with fans set low enough to be silent (like max 60%), impressive!

Kudos Alphacool you're really cool ! :)

Install is easy and well explained, relatively fast even for the very poorly talented builder I am, and it worked on first try ....

Except that I don't have a clue about what to do with the fans RGB cables, never used any RGB (but lotta fans tho), and the connectors (why do they have 2?) don't fit anywhere !!
I suppose I need some dedicated hub, didn't put them in my fan hub because I think its voltage is 12V instead of 5V, but what should I get exactly to make them work ??

(I have a Gigabyte mobo if this has any importance here)

Pls help, but thanks anyway for the great product!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
There should be this cable included in the scope of delivery: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/modd...skabel-3pin-auf-3pol-digital-rgb-15cm?c=20712

There you can connect the one cable from the aRGB strip and then connect it to a standard aRGB 5V controller. The second cable is for other aRGB products from us. For example, if you have a CPU cooler with aRGB from us, you can connect it directly here. This is like a Y-splitter.

But be careful. RGB is not the same as aRGB. With RGB you need a 4-pin 12V connector. Here you also change the colors of all LEDs at the same time. With aRGB you need a 5V 3-pin connector. With aRGB you need a 5V 3-pin connector. With aRGB you can control every single LED and e.g. create rainbow colors.
Both are not compatible with each other.

pdifolco

There should be this cable included in the scope of delivery: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/modd...skabel-3pin-auf-3pol-digital-rgb-15cm?c=20712

There you can connect the one cable from the aRGB strip and then connect it to a standard aRGB 5V controller. The second cable is for other aRGB products from us. For example, if you have a CPU cooler with aRGB from us, you can connect it directly here. This is like a Y-splitter.

But be careful. RGB is not the same as aRGB. With RGB you need a 4-pin 12V connector. Here you also change the colors of all LEDs at the same time. With aRGB you need a 5V 3-pin connector. With aRGB you need a 5V 3-pin connector. With aRGB you can control every single LED and e.g. create rainbow colors.
Both are not compatible with each other.

Thanks for the quick answer

I've got the cable you mentioned but had to use it for the waterblock RGB cable that I've plugged to the RGB header on my board (Shouldn't I ?)

Then I've nothing left for the RGB cables of the fans, I've used the 3-way splitter cable for the fans themselves (needed to as the cables are too short to go from lower front of my case to my fan hub on the top of the rear panel), and they don't seem to be daisy chainable...

Really the manual lack some explanation about where and how you should connect all this !

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You can not show all the possibilities in the manual because there are simply too many and it also depends very much on how and where you install everything and what control options you have. One could write a whole book about aRGB.

You can connect the fans in series. They all have a Y-connector directly on the aRGB cable. If you connect them all together, you should end up with a cable long enough to be connected to the aRGB strip of the GPU, so you end up with only one cable to the controller. If this is not the case for you, i.e. if the cable is too short, you will need an extension.

For example this cable: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/kabe...l-3-fach-mit-jst-stecker-schwarz-30cm?c=20712

You can connect all fans on this splitter and than you can connect it to the GPU strip or directly on another controller. Like you want.

pdifolco

You can not show all the possibilities in the manual because there are simply too many and it also depends very much on how and where you install everything and what control options you have. One could write a whole book about aRGB.

You can connect the fans in series. They all have a Y-connector directly on the aRGB cable. If you connect them all together, you should end up with a cable long enough to be connected to the aRGB strip of the GPU, so you end up with only one cable to the controller. If this is not the case for you, i.e. if the cable is too short, you will need an extension.

For example this cable: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/kabe...l-3-fach-mit-jst-stecker-schwarz-30cm?c=20712

You can connect all fans on this splitter and than you can connect it to the GPU strip or directly on another controller. Like you want.

Thanks, think I'm getting it better now, it wasn't written anywhere that they were daisy chainable so I didn't know...

Now I still have the waterblock RGB and the fans RGB to connect, but have only one cable and one RGB header, is some other cable in the package that I've missed or do I need to buy an additional splitter ?

Edit : I'm stupid, didn't think to daisy chain the waterblock RGB cable as well, seems that's how it's supposed to be done (but a picture in the manual would have helped) !

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We are working on a new webpage where we also will describe such things better on special pages. I know it could be confused sometimes with all that cables. There is a note in the instructions. However, as I just see, not ideally described. This can be optimized a bit in the next instructions, that's true.