hardtube compression fitting fitment problem

i have
- 17379 16mm to g1/4 compression fitting
- 18444 16mm hardtube acrylic

and there's _no way_ the acrylic tube is going past the 2nd o-ring in the fitting.

with a caliper i measured the outside of the hard tube at 15.95mm - great, perfect. the interior of the compression fitting measures 16.1mm - great. i measure the inside of the 2nd oring while it's inside the fitting (no tension)- uh oh 14.9mm. o-ring itself measures 2.46mm thick, 19.87mm diameter on the outside- so 19.87 - 2x 2.46mm is about the 15mm.

i looked up the issue and saw a handful of people with similar complaints and suggestions and i've tried all of these:

- chamfering tool
- oiling the tube and fitting
- "reseating" the o-ring(?) in place with a 15.5mm ish object (back of penlight)

i went off script and tried these:

- took out 2nd o-ring from bottom fitting, stretched it which of course does nothing what was i thinking
- cut a small segment of hardtube so it would fit in bench vice jaws, tried pressing them into one another

nothing gets the tube past this second oring. i remember from my first build the hard tube should seat further. if it just sits against the 2nd oring, it's less than a millimeter into the assembled fitting and will come out very easily.

am i missing something?

forgot i also tried the 17446 90 degree elbows with similar results.

if it just sits against the 2nd oring, it's less than a millimeter into the assembled fitting and will come out very easily.

^ it looks like i probably messed up this test somehow- i'm actually measuring 8.1mm with the compression nut hand tightened pretty good.

can someone just confirm that the hard tube is supposed to rest against the 2nd o-ring instead of go through it?

forgot i also tried the 17446 90 degree elbows with similar results.

^ it looks like i probably messed up this test somehow- i'm actually measuring 8.1mm with the compression nut hand tightened pretty good.

can someone just confirm that the hard tube is supposed to rest against the 2nd o-ring instead of go through it?

The HardTube need to go trough the second O-Ring.

It's tight because the O-ring is smaller than the HardTube, but it has to be that way so that it is really completely leak-tight.

The tips you have written are correct. The second O-Ring size is correct. Did you also deburr the HardTube beforehand?

i deburred (inside edge?) and chamfered (outside edge?), both. i realized i had not really sanded the new beveled edge so maybe that was contributing to some friction, so ive now tried that too.

is there a detailed prep and assembly procedure documented somewhere for the tube and fittings?

tomorrow when a better hacksaw gets here i will attempt to cut another segment and try again, maybe bevel it right down to the interior edge.

i deburred (inside edge?) and chamfered (outside edge?), both. i realized i had not really sanded the new beveled edge so maybe that was contributing to some friction, so ive now tried that too.

is there a detailed prep and assembly procedure documented somewhere for the tube and fittings?

tomorrow when a better hacksaw gets here i will attempt to cut another segment and try again, maybe bevel it right down to the interior edge.

Yes, after deburring, you can sand the edge and also you can use water or a little bit of vaseline to get the O-ring to fit better. The outer diameter of the HardTube must be between 16.1mm and 15.9mm. You can also try to turn the hard tube a little when pushing it through.

I have linked you two Videos of how to do it.

-> How To: Alphacool Eiszapfen and Eiszapfen modding pack
and
->AlphaCool's new Hard Tube Fittings and Metal Tube (the video isn`t new, but it`s still helpfull)

We got no detailed manual how to mount the fittings solo, but you can have a look in our Alphacool Core Hurrican XT45 HardTube water cooling set manual, there is also showed how to install the fittings under point 8 Hardtube.

The 13/10 HT are hard to install. When the pipe is straight, I need to attach a fitting on the other side to enlarge the surface to press on by hand, the side to be fitted is pushed on the floor. For bent pipes I may use Molykote EM-*0L, but not much. Some random airtight Chinese fitting is a little bit too loose, it could be forcefully pulled apart.

guts69

i have some 13/10 fitting compressor and they are impossible to use / i cant put my tube inside ( acrylique 13/10 ) dosnt matter how much you force

guts69

If your hand doesn't get a red ring, you didn't press hard enough.
i have no problem with the 90degre fiting 13M / but the compressor straigh are not possible to fit i did everything and i cant get in . im sure they give me wrong one because i can bet 2000 euro no one would fit anything on the one i got

I had to replace some o-rings, because the pipes cutting them when not pushed in straight.
I mounted the hard tube fittings outside the computer and used turnable thread pieces to mount inside the computer. But you can see different brands' hard tube fittings be mounted inside computers on Youtube.

guts69

I had to replace some o-rings, because the pipes cutting them when not pushed in straight.
I mounted the hard tube fittings outside the computer and used turnable thread pieces to mount inside the computer. But you can see different brands' hard tube fittings be mounted inside computers on Youtube.
is just no way mine can fit ! the difference beetwen the 90 degre and the straight one are visualy different hole ! they give me wrong stuff for sure :) anyway half of the stuff i buy from alphacool was endomaged

is just no way mine can fit ! the difference beetwen the 90 degre and the straight one are visualy different hole ! they give me wrong stuff for sure :) anyway half of the stuff i buy from alphacool was endomaged

If you are sure that there is something wrong with your parts, please write to -> info@alphacool.com with your invioce and pictures of wrong parts. They will take care of you and send you a replacement if the problem you have described is identifiable.

Wheezy

I'm having the exact same problem right now. That inner oring is entirely too thick. I read 14.1mm as it sits in the fitting.

I'm 6'5" and 220lbs... Using rubber pad and rags with every bit of force I had to the point of concern of shattering my test piece of tube.

16mm acrylic will absolutely not go into these fittings, period. Every other brand of fitting I have sitting here, no problem.

Don't have time for a bunch of back and forth emails and shipping for some orings. If I can't find orings that will work locally tomorrow all these are going back. Worst part is that I was already on a tight deadline and paid $40 for overnight shipping from Titan Rigs. Way disappointed right now.

guts69

I'm having the exact same problem right now. That inner oring is entirely too thick. I read 14.1mm as it sits in the fitting.

I'm 6'5" and 220lbs... Using rubber pad and rags with every bit of force I had to the point of concern of shattering my test piece of tube.

16mm acrylic will absolutely not go into these fittings, period. Every other brand of fitting I have sitting here, no problem.

Don't have time for a bunch of back and forth emails and shipping for some orings. If I can't find orings that will work locally tomorrow all these are going back. Worst part is that I was already on a tight deadline and paid $40 for overnight shipping from Titan Rigs. Way disappointed right now.
Yes is no way you will get in it i will make a video of it soon for expose it because they are hawful ppl dont want to warranty and refund

gerbenvdv

I have 13/10 fittings and encountered the same thing.
In the end i took sandpaper and sanded the outside until incould get it in (with a bit of lubricant)
Not sure if its ok to do, but i was not able to get them past the second ring otherwise.

guts69

I did the same and was no way for me ! i could use a hammer and it wouldnt fit... i dont wanna headhach with shit fitting and went for other brand because alphacloown are the only one to sell fiting straight for 13*/10

Wheezy

I went to my local seal and hydraulic service center and sourced orings today. PERFECT fit now. I'll add that I ordered 6 of these fittings. 2 had different style logo (just the ac) and they were "ok". You could get the tube in but honestly still too tight. My newly sourced orings are perfect. Just air pressure tested entire loop at 0.5bar for 10 minutes and 0 pressure drop.
4749AA68-F67F-4780-BBF3-5402B17319D5.jpegF6210BB3-75E2-46E1-A1BC-1274B18FBF51.jpeg2DF94EEB-8446-45A4-B680-9656619C6C9A.jpeg