Height of GPU with Waterblock GPX-N RTX 3090/3080 TUF installed.

esk99l

I am trying to check if your waterblock for the Asus Tuf 3090 will fit in my custom sff case. The height restriction is very tight and total installed GPU height can be an issue. Even though the height of the waterblock is provided, I have found that depending on how high above the GPU connector the waterblock is designed to attach, will change the total height of the GPU card. Can you please inform me what the total height of the GPU will be after the waterblock is installed for the 3090 TUF from the bottom of the GPU PCB connector to the top of the waterblock? Or, please inform me how high above the PCB slot the waterblock is installed? Thank you.

Daniel

Administrator
Staff member
The height of the assembled block is 30mm.
(22,5 mm Block + 1,5 mm PCB + 6mm Backplate)

The height from the bottom of the PCB to the top of the Backplate would be 7,5 mm

esk99l

The height of the assembled block is 30mm.
(22,5 mm Block + 1,5 mm PCB + 6mm Backplate)

The height from the bottom of the PCB to the top of the Backplate would be 7,5 mm

Thank you so much for the answer Daniel. However, I think I caused a misunderstanding by incorrectly using the word "height" of the GPU. The dimension I meant should have been "width" of the GPU, I believe. What I actually want to know is how much I must add to your TUF waterblock dimension of 142.1mm to get the total "width" of the GPU including the protrusion of the PCB PCIe connector with the waterblock installed. I'm sorry for causing the misunderstanding, but actually your above answer provided me with very helpful additional information for my sff case design so it was not wasted effort. Thanks again, and I look forward to your answer.