Help with Thermal throttling

nicopatan

Hi,

I need some help with my Build, to cool an R7 Ryzen 2700x.
Everything works fine, and have normal temps on my build 71° on full load at 25° ambient.

Until my last maintenance, where I found my rad need a refill due to evaporation (3 years of use)
So, I decided to add some new parts to my Eissbaer 360 LT, to improve flow, an easy refill, if possible reduce fan speed, and be prepared to upgrade to an R9 5950x

For this, I bought an Eisstation + DC LT Pump 2600rpm + UT60 Xflow 120mm Rad to add to my loop...however, I have several issues during my build, so I decided to remove the original 360 rad and keep the Xflow rad for now...which I think has a better flow for my case. (See attached)
build.jpg
The thing is that I have worse temps, in fact, I have thermal throttling, now! my CPU is at 60°-75° for basic stuff, to +85° when I do CG rendering
I have checked and refilled my loop several times and I think everything works fine.

So, I think it's the mounting bracket or something like that...but I tried several times to remount it, and I reapplied thermal paste (also changed the brand, just in case)...without any good result. Also, I checked the instructions, but I can't find the correct way to fix this. I know the nuts and bolts are correct positionings, so what could be causing this?

what am I missing here?
Please let me know.
I really appreciate any help to fix this.
Best Regards.

Nicolas.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi Nicolas,

you are writing that you have your loop since 3 years. Did you maintanance the system and did you clean the CPu water block? is the cooling is decreasing and the pump is running it indicates that the copper plate is clogged and has to be cleaned.

nicopatan

Thanks for your response Vanzin,

No, I have not cleaned the CPU water clock. I have only emptied the loop and added Destiled water to clean any residual, then refilled my loop again with TEC2, as recommended. and then started my problem with temps, so I decided to remove one rad to simplify my loop with no result.

Can you share some instructions or video to do what you mentioned...I have the Eissbaer 360LT, I think it the first batch you manufacture because I have the quick connection inverse as you already know.

I will appreciate your help.
Regards.

Nicolas.