High pitch noise from Eisstation DC-Ultra (DC-LT 2600 pump)

Hemuli

I have had this pump now running around 4 days. This pump has very annoying high pitch tone (similar as coil whining or dry bearing), this is not the normal motor running noise. Shame, since I liked the size of this pump/reservoir combo...
Have you had similar/any issue with this pump? After quick googling, it does not seem to be so quiet pump and quietness is the thing I am looking for my water cooling system.
I need to find another pump that I can actually use in a desktop computer that is around 50cm away from me. Any suggestions?

Hemuli

Hi, thank you for the quick response.
I already tried with my mobile, but it is not so clear on that one. I will try again during the weekend.
Thank you and have a nice Easter!

Hemuli

Hi,

Here is the video. It is better to listen it with headset, with speakers the sound is not so obvious.
For this video, all fans are disconnected. NZXT AIO Waterpump is practically inaudible. Waterpump is connected to MB fan header, full speed.
Alphacool pump makes this computer pretty much unusable, even with all covers on and computer on the floor the sound is unbearable.
My next step is to try to cover this pump with some sound absorbing material until I get new water pump.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
On the video the noise is just normal operating pump noise really. I can not hear anything strange out dude. We also advise to shoot those videos atleast from a distance of 30 cm.

Hemuli

Ok, thank you for your answer. I just ordered D5 pump and separate reservoir, interested to hear if there is a difference in the sound.

Hemuli

New D5 pump is running in the system and wow, huge difference even at the moment pump is running 100%. Very happy for my decision to replace the pump.