How do Alphacool 120mm Aurora Rise fare vs Noctuas ?

pdifolco

Hi
I don't want to badmouth anything, but I'm wondering if my Aurora Rise fans (on Eiswolf 2 GPU AIO) perform well...
I've got a pretty specific setup, where my Eiswolf GPU 360 rad and fans are put front as exhaust because my PC is in an enclosure under my desk, so it cannot exhaust air through the rear and top, the standard setup resulted in hot air trapped.
And thus my Eisbaer 280 (with Arctic P14s) is intake top, as well as my rear fan (P14 as well)
The GPU temps are perfectly fine, it's a basic Aorus Eagle 3080 (locked power limit 320W) that don't ever reach 60C, but I need the fans to exhaust air from the case, and I'm feeling that the Auroras need high speeds (1800rpm +) to really be effective, but then they get noisy (40 to 45dB at 3cm distance, close to 50dB at full 2500 speed..)
So I wonder if swapping them for Noctuas (NF-A12x25 or NF-S12A) would give me some more airflow or some dB less, if anyone has an experience or advice with that

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

Our Rise fans are nearly identical to the Noctua fans, so I don´t think you will get improved temperatures in your case. The best way would be to optimize the airflow so that you can get fresh air from the front and exhaust the warm air to the back/front. I don´t know if it would be possible to modify your desk to make it possible. This would increase your problem the most.
https://www.igorslab.de/en/alphacoo...ely-high-pressure-despite-acoustic-restraint/

pdifolco

Thanks, seems I got misled thinking the Rise fans only had 2mm H20 pressure, but seems they have over 3mm, so as good as Noctuas indeed !
I can't do much to change my setup, desk is too small to put the PC on it, and when under it back is against the wall (cf back) ..
The front exhaust works well, overall my temps are okay, 5900X PBO on, 45C idle/75C load/ 80C peak with 25C ambient current (hot summer !), I was rather aiming at same temps with a bit less noise

2022-03-02 16.37.17.png