Ice Storm Gaming Copper 30 2 X 120

sixtyneedles

Greetings !

Will the ice storm kit be enough to cool my Ryzen 5 3600 and a RX 5700 ?

I am not looking for extreme performance , just a good visual effect.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Wich Eissturm Kit? We have different with different radiator sizes. Best would be a set with 360 mm radiator if you like to have a silent system. But the with this smaller CPU with les than 100W TDP and without OC, a set with 240 mm rad would be enough.

sixtyneedles

I am talking about the Eissturm Gaming Copper 30 2 X 120 kit because its the only one i can fit inside my case (Corsair carbide spec 06). The case is designed for a 2 x 120 AIO so i could use this kit with some minimal modding to fit the small form res/pump combo

If this kit isn't enough for Gpu + Cpu though, i am considering mounting the radiator and the pump externally , and i was wandering about the level of noise i can expect.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

this Set will not be enough for your CPU and GPU together. You will need at least an St30 240mm radiator only for the GPU. The same goes for the CPU too. As my colleague told you will need at least an XT45 360mm RAdaitor for both or two St30 240mm radiators.
As External Solution we can offer our Eiswand.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI
One of the DC-Lt pump is not strong enough if you want to add an radiator external. You will need at least two of them of a stronger pump like the Laing DDC or VPP655/755.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I think the Eiswand with his 360 mm radiator is enough for CPU and GPU. For this CPU a single 120 mm rad would be also enough. Ryzen 5 3600 has only 65W TDP.

BUT.... Corsair carbide spec 06 ...... the Corsair website says that there is space for a 360 mm radiator in the front. A 240 mm radiator fits on top. So you can choose a Eissturm set with a 360 mm ST30 radiator.
So this set should fit: Click me