inlets & outlets of Eisbaer LT and Eiswolf GPX Pro

ZeeGee

Context: I dissembled the tubes from my Eisbaer LT360 and Eiswolf GPX 240 Pro (for 2080Ti) without taking a picture first, and now I'm trying to confirm which is inlet vs outlet and whether a red tube should go on the outlet (and blue for inlet).
Also: https://forum.alphacool.com/threads/fried-eiswolf-and-eisbaer-lt-pumps.1195/#post-7603 ?

Here are the reference materials I used:
Product image of Eisbaer:
Product image of Eiswolf:
Eisbaer manual:
Photo of Eisbaer from an online review:
Photo of Eiswolf from a random build picture I found online:

My observations are:
1. The GPX Pro pump housing as inlet and outlet clearly marked and the red tube is consistently connected to outlet and blue for inlet
2. The Eisbaer LT pump has a couple inconsistencies:
2.1 The user manual of it clearly indicates (pg 6) the upper port as inlet and lower port as outlet (when the ports are on the right)
2.2 The expansion diagram in user manual (pg 20) shows a red tube connected to outlet and connected to blue tube inlet on GPX Pro pump
2.3 The cover of the user manual shows a uncolored quick release tube connected to the upper port; this is inconsistent with the expansion diagram on which port the quick release tube is connected to
2.4 The product image shows a blue tube connected to upper port: this is inconsistent with the expansion diagram on the color and the position of the quick release tube
2.5 My Eisbaer LT240 comes with a short red quick release tube with a 90 degree angled connector
2.6 All the user pictures of Eisbaer LT I can find shows a red quick release tube connected to the upper port (inlet) of the pump

The last point above means a couple of things:
1. It's inconsistent with the convention of connecting a blue tube to inlet or red tube to outlet
2. Trying to mix Eisbaer and Eiswolf in the same loop with this arrangement will cause 2 pumps to be pushing against each other!!!

I'm looking for confirmation on:
1. my understanding above is correct
2. Eisbaer LT indeed has the upper port as inlet and lower port as outlet (when the Eisbaer logo is facing upwards and ports are on the right)
3. Eiswolf indeed has the left port as outlet and right port as inlet (as marked on the housing, when the alphacool logo is facing upwards and ports are on the bottom)

davido_labido

Hi ZeeGee,

You are correct, we had a small number of early samples (so particularly ones that went to reviewers) with incorrect tubes on the inlet/outlets.

Inlets are meant to be blue, outlets are meant to be red. We did this so that customers think of the water as being cold (blue) before going into the block and hot (red) when it leaves.

Having issues with the early samples has not helped people such as yourself though who are looking at marketing material that was produced with an incorrect Eisbaer LT but luckily only a small number of units actually went to customers.

To answer your questions regarding which goes to which port, the Eisbaer Manual and the Eiswolf in the build picture are correct :)