is it possible?

Daniel Farrand

I have the Alphacool Eisbaer and Eiswolf. Is it possible to connect the coolant lines between the two of them in series to make one system?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Which Eisbaer AiO do you have? Do the tubes still have the anti-kink springs?

Thomas_S

Staff member
Then a circuit is easily possible via the existing quick-release fasteners!

Thomas_S

Staff member
Not a kit! We also do not offer short or long extension sets. I would simply shorten the tubes. Carefully pull off the quick-release fasteners, shorten the hose to the appropriate length and put the quick-release fasteners back on. Of course, this way you will have to fill the loop with fluid.

I can't answer the question, but Eisbär+DDC won't settle down together and the flow rate decreases everytime. I tried everything. Would Eisbär and Eiswolf work well, because the DC-LT2 pumps are similar?

I can't answer the question, but Eisbär+DDC won't settle down together and the flow rate decreases everytime. I tried everything. Would Eisbär and Eiswolf work well, because the DC-LT2 pumps are similar?
Hello. The pump power of the DC-LT2 pumps is sufficient to operate the system and the combination of DDC and DC-LT2 is not a problem. A picture of your system would be great to find out exactly why your performance is decreasing.

Hello. The pump power of the DC-LT2 pumps is sufficient to operate the system and the combination of DDC and DC-LT2 is not a problem. A picture of your system would be great to find out exactly why your performance is decreasing.
Right now it has only a ddc in it (Under the 200ml resorvoir), the flow starts higher than with Eisbär installed and does not drop. But the cpu temperatures takes long to cool back down when putting a game in background or idling. 3800X NFSU2 game about 65°C. I experimented with putting ddc and water tanks in the 5.25" bays, but that's silly. When I installed a regular cpu cooler, the ddc immediately was able to stabilize the flow. All configurations with gpu and cpu in the same loop. One DC-LT2 is not enough to run the whole loop with gpu, cpu, upright tube, 240 resorvoir, 280 resorvoir, 200ml tank, (DDC), (small 5.25" bay resorvoir).

300x3001666643409731.png
The flow is counterclockwise.

Last edited:

Thomas_S

Staff member
The DC-LT 2 achieves a flow rate of approx. 75L/h. It is super for our AiOs and also manages the integration of another component. In fact, it does not manage your loop. The choice of a DDC pump was the right one, as it has enough flow for your entire system. You no longer have the Eisbaer cooler, right? If so, which cooler are you using now?

... the picture is a bit small, I can't interpret it :)

Thomas_S

Staff member
Ah ok. As already mentioned: Ultimately, it is no problem to run a DC-LT 2 next to a DDC pump. They work in support of each other and not against each other. Even with the flow rate of 75L per hour, the system is normally cooled reasonably. Were you able to determine flow rates when you had the Eisbaer in the system? I suspect that the Kryos may simply allow more flow than the Eisbaer. But that is only a guess, not a measurement result ;-)

The flow rate with only a ddc installed is next to the sweet spot of the flow meter. It is abot 3l/min @ 10.2V.
Eisbär alone won't trigger it or up to 0.6l/m, both installed and running less than 2l/m, the Eisbär then 0.3l/m. or worse. And the flow really decrease loudly and to stop. Everything sounded like running dry (they are not run dry). The first fill only Eisbär had flow, but wouldn't settle down soon once the case was moved and too low to trigger the flow meter.