Is there a 90 degree fitting for Eisbaer pump ?

tek3195

I have looked everywhere I know to look and find no mention of a G1/4 90 that will fit the Eisbaer pump/res combo. I have noticed that some things say they fit 95% of products. Is the eisbaer the 5% that is not g1/4 thread ?

Tived

you can try here

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @tek3195

For which variant of the Eisbaer do you need a 90 ° connection?

The normal one has a 11/8 mm PVC hose. You would need this one.

The Aurora has a 12.7/7.6 mm TPV hose. You need this one.

Of course the Eisbaer has a normal G1 / 4 inch thread.

Berst Regards

tek3195

Hi @tek3195

Of course the Eisbaer has a normal G1 / 4 inch thread.

Berst Regards

See, this is where I run into problems. The fittings that are in my Eisbaer are longer than the fittings in the radiator and longer than G1/4 fittings I purchased thru Modmymods. When I say longer I am talking about the pipe thread, and it is considerably longer and can be seen from a distance, no need to inspect or measure to see it. I wish I had taken pictures when I had them out to change logo. I am not understanding the difference between two fittings that are supposed to be standard. They can't both meet the same standard and be that much different unless the margin of error was say the thickness of two o-rings. I have ordered some Phobya 90 degree compression fittings and will see what happens once I get them. Another thing that makes no sense to me is the gasket in the housing. Are we still dealing with standard fittings, fittings that seal with an o-ring or not ? The only thing I can see would be them having design problems and the o-ring not supplying a reliable seal, and, easy way out is to add a gasket. I am not familiar with all of Alphacool products but I know that they do not all use an additional gasket in a g1/4 fitment. That being said, it may very well need the gasket to seal, at which point the odd duck that I have will leak as the standard fittings are not as long and won't reach gasket.
This is all a pretty screwed up deal that I really should not have to deal with.. These are not one off custom items, which means a batch would have to be screwed up. Somebody dropped the ball in quality control big time on this one. There is no way mine is the only example like it. I mean, fitting is different so depth of threads in housing should be different unless the o-ring is just not making contact at all. Can't tell with it in service and when I drain it to try new fittings and cut new tubes I will be past the point of no return. I'm not putting it back like it is, if it leaks I will send it back to Amazon. Return time will be extended because already started dialog when trying to get replacement light which had blue LEDs instead of white. Made my red logo look purple and the orange was like a glowing shit brown. Got tired of waiting and purchased light kit from MMM for like $7. still haven't received the replacement light.
Thanks for the links, I can actually use(hopefully) any of the 10/8 or 11/8 fittings. I have 11/8 clear tubes with no quick-disconnects, an additional 120mm rad and the square flow indicator which is mounted topmost and use as fill/bleed port for system. Need the 90's to clean it up as it has ugly and unwanted excess tubing looping and hanging to avoid kinks. Again, thanks for the links, I appreciate you're time and effort.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @tek3195

If I understand you correctly now, you are concerned with the thread lengths of the fittings, right?
The G1 / 4 inch thread, you can say it is the standard in the water cooling sector. That means the size of the thread, but not how long the thread should or must be. It can be that one manufacturer has it longer or shorter than another. As far as I know it used to be a 7mm thread length and today it is more of a 5mm thread length.
The fact that there is an additional seal in the Eisbaer unit can now be taken as a double security if the thread of the fitting is longer, if the seal of the fitting does not fit. If the fitting has a shorter one, then the fitting seals and the other one is not required.
Unfortunately, I cannot help you directly with the lighting.

Best Regards

tek3195

Hi @tek3195

If I understand you correctly now, you are concerned with the thread lengths of the fittings, right?
The G1 / 4 inch thread, you can say it is the standard in the water cooling sector. That means the size of the thread, but not how long the thread should or must be. It can be that one manufacturer has it longer or shorter than another. As far as I know it used to be a 7mm thread length and today it is more of a 5mm thread length.
The fact that there is an additional seal in the Eisbaer unit can now be taken as a double security if the thread of the fitting is longer, if the seal of the fitting does not fit. If the fitting has a shorter one, then the fitting seals and the other one is not required.
Unfortunately, I cannot help you directly with the lighting.

Best Regards

Well, Hello @Luckystricker
Yes, the thread length was the concern. Thank you, finally someone has acknowledged the fact that there can be a difference. I have asked about these stupid fittings in at least a dozen places and all I have gotten was they are the same, g1/4 is g1/4 is g1/4. You have relieved my frustration greatly with this. It can be rough to look at something and have everybody tell you you're wrong or blind or on drugs and seeing shit that's not there.
This could explain a lot with the gasket if I understand correctly. I think you're saying if one has longer threads the o-ring may not seal and the gasket would catch it, shorter or now normal threads and the o-ring will seal and gasket is not needed. In a way a kind of universal insurance for sealing with g1/4 fitting be they short or longer thread variants. It's obvious to me that most people aren't truly aware of the possible differences in the thread lengths. Again, if I understand correctly, and Alphacool has taken that difference into account, then that would be absolute awesome engineering. I believe I'll look at it that way for now and say I'm truly impressed. Hopefully new fittings will arrive soon so I can clean up installation and be finished.
The light was third party seller on Amazon. We were communicating, 3 or 4 emails back and forth and then I heard nothing back from them. Amazon wanted me to return the whole unit for refund and then re-purchase. It was worth $7 bucks not to have to take radiators out of case and just fix it myself.
Thanks again for clearing this up for me.

Tived

Well, Hello @Luckystricker
Yes, the thread length was the concern. Thank you, finally someone has acknowledged the fact that there can be a difference. I have asked about these stupid fittings in at least a dozen places and all I have gotten was they are the same, g1/4 is g1/4 is g1/4. You have relieved my frustration greatly with this. It can be rough to look at something and have everybody tell you you're wrong or blind or on drugs and seeing shit that's not there.
This could explain a lot with the gasket if I understand correctly. I think you're saying if one has longer threads the o-ring may not seal and the gasket would catch it, shorter or now normal threads and the o-ring will seal and gasket is not needed. In a way a kind of universal insurance for sealing with g1/4 fitting be they short or longer thread variants. It's obvious to me that most people aren't truly aware of the possible differences in the thread lengths. Again, if I understand correctly, and Alphacool has taken that difference into account, then that would be absolute awesome engineering. I believe I'll look at it that way for now and say I'm truly impressed. Hopefully new fittings will arrive soon so I can clean up installation and be finished.
The light was third party seller on Amazon. We were communicating, 3 or 4 emails back and forth and then I heard nothing back from them. Amazon wanted me to return the whole unit for refund and then re-purchase. It was worth $7 bucks not to have to take radiators out of case and just fix it myself.
Thanks again for clearing this up for me.

Lol, if only you had stated that in the original post ?? happy you