Issue with waterblock 12984

mihai PCC

Hello,
WB item number 12984 bought from Aquatuning for end-user client, unfortunately can not mount on the video-card suppose to be mount :)
Pictures attached, the reason for unfit it is the connector from oem cooling of video-card.
Any sugestion, please?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20200619_002610.jpg
    IMG_20200619_002610.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200619_003546.jpg
    IMG_20200619_003546.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200619_003601.jpg
    IMG_20200619_003601.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 19

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Wich PCB number has this card? Gogabyte numbers are looking like this: GV-N2070GAMING OC-8GC

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sorry, that is the issue, we dont have a cooler for this PCB design. Only for GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GC not 8GD. I am sorry, but you bought a cooler for a GPU we never made a cooler for.
The only thing you can do is to remove that fan connector..... but..... if you do it in the wrong way, you will kill your card :-/

mihai PCC

My mistake :( i read diagonally gaming from one model and GD from another one :).
I will deal that connector such manner that not void the card.
Another question about this WB please, how much restrictive it is?
One D5 with 3 x ut45 360 rev2 and cpu block will be enough or i must go to 2 x D5?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yeah, not so easy to find a block for a custom PCB design. Always better to ask us befor you buy it :) Next time ;-)

The D5 will be powerfull enough for that loop. Dont worry about that. You will only get problems if you like to use something like..... CPU cooler..... 2-3 GPU coolers...... 4 or more rads and some QDCs. That would be too much for one pump.

mihai PCC

I search some WB for this card from month, and when i see it at your site, was : goooooo planet goooooooo :) and that was the reason reading diagonally :)
Anyway, thank you for info & support :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
He he.... i understand it.... had the same situation with other things i bought ... not PC stuff but it was a very similar situation. And as i got the stuff it was like... Yeah.. nice... put it out of the package.... looks great..... try to use it with my other stuff..... oh no... doesn`t fit because i oversaw something in the description... :cry: ?

have fun and enjoy the weekend :cool:

adamdopp

I have an ASUS Maximus XI motherboard + ASUS Strix OC 2080 gpu + EK Vector Strix waterblock. And guess what? They're not compatible!

I can't fully push down the card into the pcie slot because of the pch heatsink on the motherboard is interfering (had to remove it).

All of my components are on the compatibility list.

Last edited by a moderator:

colesy2610

Is it not easier and cheaper considering the cost of the gfx card to modify the block by cutting away a small section of the nickel coldplate. Ive been looking at photos of the PCB and waterblock and it could be possible as it seems the areas alrwady milled out for water channels are not directly above the RGB header. I xould be wrong though and if anyone has better photos or a teardown of the block please put them up

colesy2610

Sorry, that is the issue, we dont have a cooler for this PCB design. Only for GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GC not 8GD. I am sorry, but you bought a cooler for a GPU we never made a cooler for.
The only thing you can do is to remove that fan connector..... but..... if you do it in the wrong way, you will kill your card :-/
Problem solved, i didnt want to risk damaging a £500 gfx card, but dont mind too much breaking a waterblock. Its a simple fix. Disassemble the waterblock and cut a small amount of the coldplate away to fit the header. Warranty on card still remains. It works like a charm card sits at 50 degrees under full load.