Liquid Cooling expand setup

Clopyright

Hello guys, just a quick question. Because of the mess with the VGA's i decided to stick with my 2080 for little more. So it is about time to put it in water. Now for my CPU i have some parts from EKWB, but for my VGA i decided to go for the alphacool products. Hope that does not affect anything.
I am about to get the Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N Acryl Light RTX 2080 (Super) M08. Dunno about the temps with only one 360 rad, so is it wise to add Alphacool NexXxoS ST25 Full Copper 240mm radiator together with 2x Alphacool SL-15 PWM Fan 600-1800rpm ( 120x120x15mm )? Waiting for your answers to complete my order from the Alphacool site.

davido_labido

Hi Clopyright,

You could probably get away with the single 360 radiator if you have good fans run them at high speeds, but temps may be high. Adding a second radiator is usually a good idea as even if you don't see huge tempreture drops, you can reduce the speed of the fans and in turn decrease the noise.

Clopyright

Hi Clopyright,

You could probably get away with the single 360 radiator if you have good fans run them at high speeds, but temps may be high. Adding a second radiator is usually a good idea as even if you don't see huge tempreture drops, you can reduce the speed of the fans and in turn decrease the noise.
Thanks for your reply mate. I thought the same, but i took in consideration that in my country from May to Late September the ambient temps are 30 and above (temp outside from 38-45). So i wanted to ask for an advice before ordering my parts.
As far as my other loop parts i won't have any problem because are another brand i pressume.... What about the rad i choose and the fans? My case is the Fractal Desing Define R6, so i have space for only 1x360 rad, 1x240 rad and 1x120 rad.
Also the waterblock i choose i pressume that the backplate is included right (cause other brands sell it seperatelly).

davido_labido

Our products are compatible with most other brands, as long as they are using copper/nickel and not Aluminium.

For the radiator and fans, they're fine if space is limited, if possible, I would go with 25mm fans though as usually they move more air. There isn't anything wrong with keeping it compact though!

I believe that block does come with a backplate, yes. Most of our blocks do come with backplates, all the 30 series does and some of the 20 series does. I believe that was one that did, but I shall confirm shortly.

Clopyright

Our products are compatible with most other brands, as long as they are using copper/nickel and not Aluminium.

For the radiator and fans, they're fine if space is limited, if possible, I would go with 25mm fans though as usually they move more air. There isn't anything wrong with keeping it compact though!

I believe that block does come with a backplate, yes. Most of our blocks do come with backplates, all the 30 series does and some of the 20 series does. I believe that was one that did, but I shall confirm shortly.
I have limited space in front because of the reservoir, thats why i choose that radiator and fans.
As far as the backplate now i saw the description and it says that it comes with a backplate. So i confirm my order and wait. Hope it is easy to install my waterblock. Videos on youtube make it like a 10-mins joyride in the park...
BTW the led cable goes to the motherboard, not in the vga anymore, right?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Correct, the LED cable is connected to the motherboard. Please make sure that you use a 3-pin 5V (0.5A) cable.

Thomas_S

Staff member
Sorry, small mistake on my part. I need to practise my English a little bit more ;-)
The led cable goes to the motherboard and it is included in the delivery.

Clopyright

I received my order but I have a question.Is it my idea or the backplate doesn’t fit 100%?

Attachments

• A6DD8FDB-776B-4C87-A120-1159CA075240.jpeg
    A6DD8FDB-776B-4C87-A120-1159CA075240.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 14

Clopyright

hey, could you sent some more pictures?
Hello mate. As you can see, a very small part of the edge of the backplate comes over the plexi. As far as i tested it does not affect cooling (30-33 idle, 57-60 in games) but the back ports are completely useless.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    399.6 KB · Views: 10

Thomas_S

Staff member
Thank you for the pictures. I assume that there is a production error here. Unfortunately, this also happens sometimes... The backplate is the right one! Would you be able to send the backplate back to us? We have the opportunity here to professionally adjust it.

Clopyright

Thank you for the pictures. I assume that there is a production error here. Unfortunately, this also happens sometimes... The backplate is the right one! Would you be able to send the backplate back to us? We have the opportunity here to professionally adjust it.
Unfortunatelly i have to dissasmble my loop, in order to remove the backplate, something that is a problem to me as my pc is my working pc from home. Dunno if we can find another solution.... Or remove the backplate without dissasemble the whole loop.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Well, right now you dont have a real issue, right? You can stay with it, or you must dissasemble it and sent the backplate to us so we can modify it. You can ask our support, if they want to sent a single backplate, but than you also have to dissasemble the block. Ther is no real other way to fix that.

davido_labido

One thing just to add into the mix here that might resolve it without the need in getting a replacement.

You can try and remove the backplate completely, then put the lip that is incorrect on first, then do the screws closest to the ports first. I personally did have this problem once, but with a little bit of manipulation and putting in screws in a specific order it ended up fitting.