Loud grinding noise Eiswolf

BabaLulu

I have Alphacool Eiswolf for 2080Ti and end up with this noise like in this video:

I RMA the first one and the second one started to do the same but only now and then. Lowered Voltage in the PUMP FAN header from BIOS to 9 V, no change, still doing it once or twice a day, no matter if under load or not. Postioning is vertical mount, but it does the same if horizontal. Temps are fine.
Don't have a RPM monitor of it because I don't think it has software.

Afarid it will do it nonsop like the first one.

I don't know what the reson might be.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi there, sorry to hear that dude. May i ask where you are from and where the product was purchased from?

BabaLulu

Hi there, sorry to hear that dude. May i ask where you are from and where the product was purchased from?
Hi,

Ilive in the UK; it was bought from https://www.scan.co.uk/
They replaced it once wioth this one; the first one was doing the noise like in the video, this second one, like I said, does it from time to time for a few seconds only and because of that it ias hard to record it on video; I am afraid it will soon do it like my first AIO, plus I am concerned of pther risks like rising temps or a leak. I don't know what makes the pump do that noise, acutally.

I managed to find in google photos ( I thought I deleted it) my actual video of the first AIO noise:

Thanks

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi, well this sounds not good dude sorry for that :( We can offer you two solutions. You send it back to scan regarding RMA or replace or even for a credit note. Or if you think you can replace the GPU unit we can send you a GPX Solo Pro for the replacement. Which model is the Eiswolf exactly?
With the GPX solo i mean the product on the link below:

BabaLulu

Hi, it's the one for Gigabyte 2080ti Gaming OC.

Manufacturer code: 11684

Its that the pump itself from the while AIO? I could replace it myself if it comes off the aluminum block. I mean I have the skill. I didn't know it is possible.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Yes this is the pump/cpu unit which comes as a single unit and it is very easy to replace. Can you please shoot an email with your address to info@alphacool.com? We can ship the unit after we receive your e-mail asap.

Last edited:

BabaLulu

Yes, thank you very much for the support; I will do that now. Thank you

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 10