Max fans, Alphacool Eis-Matrix II Aurora

Lordzargon

I'll start with some context:
I have a 280mm rad, and space for additional 3x120mm/140mm fans (up top) and a single 120 fan.

I'd like them all RGB enabled and matching. My motherboard has 3x 4-pin RGB headers spare, for what that's worth.

Therefore, Id like to know if your RGB hub, that I'd need to get your fans to work with my PC can handle 6 fans. I know it supports 7 devices, but it's also limited to 36W, so by my assumptions, I'd need two controllers. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Be careful, we dont have an RGB hub, it is an aRGB hub. RGB and aRGB is not compatible wich each other. If you have RGB fans, you cant use our controller. And if your mainboard has only a RGB controller, you cant use aRGB fans with it.

Every fan needs different power. Some fans need only 2W, some 4W. So you must check how many power they need together. Same on your mainboard header. All headers offers only 6-12W. If you put too many fans on it, you will kill your mainboard controller. ;-)

Lordzargon

Be careful, we dont have an RGB hub, it is an aRGB hub. RGB and aRGB is not compatible wich each other. If you have RGB fans, you cant use our controller. And if your mainboard has only a RGB controller, you cant use aRGB fans with it.

Every fan needs different power. Some fans need only 2W, some 4W. So you must check how many power they need together. Same on your mainboard header. All headers offers only 6-12W. If you put too many fans on it, you will kill your mainboard controller. ;-)

Sorry, perhaps I should have been a bit clearer :) (I do understand the differences)

I don't have the fans yet, what I meant was, do I need 1 or 2 controllers to power 6 ACool rgb fans?

I could achieve the result with Corsair and TT fans, without resorting to any hubs, but both work out more expensive options.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You need only one controller. Our fans need around 2-3W, so 6 fans will need max 18W at all. Thats not a problem ;-)