MSI Gaming X Trio waterblock for 6800 XT (eisblock) reaching 72c core and 95c junction!

madd555

Temps are horrible on eisblock waterblocks for 6800 XT. I have 280mm rad and 360mm rad in a loop with 10850 at 4.8ghz, 1.2v. I previously had 1080 ti with phanteks waterblock and it was reaching 50c max. I had several other cards watercooled and never seen such temps. I had re-applied the thermal paste and made sure everything is tight.
Is it normal for this block to reach such high temps? Card is not overclocked but on auto reaches 2450mhz.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
No, that is not normal. Ther must be an issue with the mounting or the cooler. Or maybe you use IN as Out and OUT as IN?

madd555

No, that is not normal. Ther must be an issue with the mounting or the cooler. Or maybe you use IN as Out and OUT as IN?
I use the left port as IN? Is that correct? I have remounted the block, and made sure everything is tight. I am sure I did everything correctly.

madd555

To get sure... here a pic
Thanks! I am using the correct inlet but my temps on msi gaming x trio 6800XT is still reaching 70 degrees core and 95 degrees junction. I suspect eisblock is garbage.
Looks like I am the only the in the whole internet who bought this garbage of a block for 6800 XT. I need someone who is using it as a reference.
Is there anyone official from Alphacool who have tested this block prior to selling it? Can you tell me what the temps are supposed to be?

madd555

The block you have provided has a different design and flow path. Here is my build. CPU temps are fine, 70c under heavy stress test.
I had a 1080 ti under this build with a phanteks waterblock, which was reaching around 50c max. I have reapplied the thermal paste and made sure everything is correct. This is not my first build, I know what other issues there might have been. I have considered everything before complaining.
BTW, setting the fans to max doesn't help either. It's something else. Left port is inlet in my loop. I have a d5 pump from EK, set to 3200rpm initially and reaches 4700rpm under load.

20210502_054832.jpg

madd555

You dont have a flow sensor, right?
Unfortunately, no. I will do some thorough testing over the weekend and change the water in the loop and maybe tubing, to see if that changes anything.
I'll get back to you as soon as I have some updates. Thanks :)

madd555

I have updated the loop and the temps are still bad. It's time to accept that alphacool just sucks :)
I will never ever buy any of your products.