Need replacement springs for my Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090-3080 EVGA FTW.

zexmaxwell

I took my video card apart to change out the goop on my EVGA 3080 FTW3. GPU-Z is saying that my video card is thermal throttling at 100% power draw and this is after I tighten the screws down to the board where the GPU mount is located. where can I find replacement springs for M2x5 screws on the Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090-3080 EVGA FTW Ultra Incl. Backplate.
if their is no replacement springs. what springs can I get to get adequate pressure. keep in mind, I'm using K5 Pro Thermal paste.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi There,

Could you please tell us your GPU, GPU Hotspot and memory temperature, so that we can check why your GPU is throttling? We don´t offer replacement springs for the screws.

zexmaxwell

Here is the GPU-Z log and a picture of my EVGA PX1 window.
notice that the drivers detect thermal throttle under the PerfCap Reason.
Since you don't offer Springs, What should I be looking for when I go to the hardware store?
or can I remove the springs and just tighten down the screws to the board? (this sounds like a bad idea to me.)

Attachments

• GPU hot spot.png
    GPU hot spot.png
    583 KB · Views: 0
  • GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt
    145.4 KB · Views: 0

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI

As I can see is only your GPU Temperature very hot. This can be causes because of missing pressure or the well known Package problem. I don´t know the viscosity of your used thermal paste but the paste should be very viscosity like our Sub Zero, which was also included to the water block. You should also tighten the screws clockwise and not over cross. Please try it and if that doesn´t help send us photos of the imprints from the thermal paste and thermal pads so that we can check if your GPU is affected with the well known package problem.