New Eisblock Aurora GPU Cooler for Nvidia RTX 4090!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
The new Geforce RTX generation is here and Alphacool obviously offers a water cooler for it as well. The cooler for the new generation is much more than just another Eisblock Aurora GPU cooler. It is the first step towards a new generation of Alphacool coolers that brings significant improvements over the previous Aurora generation.

What's new? Alphacool will be using chrome-plated instead of nickel-plated copper coolers for all graphics card coolers in the future. A chrome plating is significantly harder and more resistant than a nickel plating. Chrome plating also benefits lighting because it is much smoother and reflects light better than nickel plating.

The cooling fins have been reduced to 0.4mm and the spacing between the fins has been optimized to 0.4mm. This creates a larger cooling surface and provides lower flow resistance for the cooler, resulting in better performance.

The water routing has been revised to provide a more even flow of water to the jetplate. The jetplate itself is recessed into the cooling fins and is pressed onto them by a new designed inlet with an O-ring. This ensures that the water is reliably pressed through the cooling fins. This also provides a performance plus.

The Alphacool Subzero with 16W/mk is included as thermal compound. This high-performance thermal compound is one of the most powerful on the market. For the voltage converters and the graphics memory, 1mm thin 7W/mk soft pads are used.

In cooperation with board partners from Nvidia, the base of the previous Eisblock cooler has been almost completely reworked. These major changes can be clearly seen in the overall look of the cooler. Alphacool's new Aurora water cooler has been extensively tested on the new RTX 4090 graphics card generation and has gone through a long development phase to provide the best possible performance.

The coolers are currently in production and will start shipping to end customers and resellers in mid-October. An AIO variant in the form of the Eiswolf 2 will of course also follow shortly.​

Features
- Material cooler bottom: chrome-plated copper
- Material cooler top: acrylic
- Illumination: 12 digital aRGB LEDs
- Connections: 4x G1/4"
- Aluminium backplate included
- MSRP: 159,98€

Compatibility:
- Nvidia Geforce RTX 4090 Reference Design

FB_1023221_EisblockRTX4090_NVidia.jpg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Chrome plating is much more resistant than nickel plating, so liquid metal is not a problem.
Chromed coolers are and will be all models for the RTX 4XXX and the AMD RX 7XXX.

bman2084

The new Geforce RTX generation is here and Alphacool obviously offers a water cooler for it as well. The cooler for the new generation is much more than just another Eisblock Aurora GPU cooler. It is the first step towards a new generation of Alphacool coolers that brings significant improvements over the previous Aurora generation.

What's new? Alphacool will be using chrome-plated instead of nickel-plated copper coolers for all graphics card coolers in the future. A chrome plating is significantly harder and more resistant than a nickel plating. Chrome plating also benefits lighting because it is much smoother and reflects light better than nickel plating.

The cooling fins have been reduced to 0.4mm and the spacing between the fins has been optimized to 0.4mm. This creates a larger cooling surface and provides lower flow resistance for the cooler, resulting in better performance.

The water routing has been revised to provide a more even flow of water to the jetplate. The jetplate itself is recessed into the cooling fins and is pressed onto them by a new designed inlet with an O-ring. This ensures that the water is reliably pressed through the cooling fins. This also provides a performance plus.

The Alphacool Subzero with 16W/mk is included as thermal compound. This high-performance thermal compound is one of the most powerful on the market. For the voltage converters and the graphics memory, 1mm thin 7W/mk soft pads are used.

In cooperation with board partners from Nvidia, the base of the previous Eisblock cooler has been almost completely reworked. These major changes can be clearly seen in the overall look of the cooler. Alphacool's new Aurora water cooler has been extensively tested on the new RTX 4090 graphics card generation and has gone through a long development phase to provide the best possible performance.

The coolers are currently in production and will start shipping to end customers and resellers in mid-October. An AIO variant in the form of the Eiswolf 2 will of course also follow shortly.​

Features
- Material cooler bottom: chrome-plated copper
- Material cooler top: acrylic
- Illumination: 12 digital aRGB LEDs
- Connections: 4x G1/4"
- Aluminium backplate included
- MSRP: 159,98€

Compatibility:
- Nvidia Geforce RTX 4090 Reference Design

View attachment 4319

Which specific card models will this fit?

Thomas_S

Staff member
So far, all cards that use the reference design. We will be able to give exact compatibility information as the PCB layouts arrive here.

Thomas_S

Staff member
No, I'm not saying that! I'm just saying that our cooler fits on cards that correspond to the reference design. Which manufacturer now uses the reference design & who doesn't, will become clear in the future. If, for example, the respective PCB layouts are also shown in tests and reviews. Only then can we gradually expand the possible compatibility.

slavkosky

Question about these new blocks: Will you plan on releasing an active backplate option? The 3090 houses 1/2 of it's VRAM modules on the back of the PCB, just curious if this will be something to look out for (would also appreciate your opinions on whether active cooling of the back VRMs/VRAM is even necessary in general?)

EDIT: Also curious what the dimensions of the water block and/or 4090 PCB are? Want to plan ahead for my loop, I have a diagram I've made with all of my components (to scale), want to see what kind of space requirements I will need

Thomas_S

Staff member
In the tests of our 4090 cooling block, we have not yet been able to determine the urgency of an active backplate. Currently, no active backplate is planned for the 40XX card generation.

pcool

Has production been delayed ? I have an order since last month but now suddenly the site started showing 7 weeks instead a few days. Please tell me this is not delayed so much

Thomas_S

Staff member
No, unfortunately the delivery is delayed! No idea where the ship is currently stuck! ;-)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We had a medium sized shipment of the coolers there. But the pre-orders were so large that not all could be served. Currently, however, a larger delivery by air is on the way. It will arrive long before the ship delivery. Probably in 2 weeks. However, we do not show delivery by air in the store.

The first delivery was gone so quickly, Thomas didn't quite catch it.

Msky7

I was lucky to grab one on Sunday. I did not know the shortage was coming, stocks looked like 25+ or smth like this.

Thomas_S

Staff member
The rush was great & ensured that the stocks were quickly sold out again.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
@Msky7
after contacting the development team, it is correctly that the coils doesn´t have contact with the water block. The pads on them are only for security because of the tolerance in the height, we have to secure that they won´t be damaged if they are to high, but they don´t need to be cooled. If you even cool them it can happen that you will have coil whining.