Newbie going to dive in ;)

Zephyria

Hey Guys and Dolls,

i´m a bloody newbie regarding Liquid Cooling but everyone starts sometimes so i hope u can help me ;)

Bought a new Rig and want to replace GPU Cooling first (MSI RX5700XT Mech OC). Cause of the shorter PCB of this model, it´s hard to get any suitable AiO solutions.....

!EDIT! : i would prefer a solution, which is cooling the VRAM and has a backplate ;)

Would the GPX 240 Pro AMD fit onto this PCB?
If not, i´ll ned a custom loop. But i never built one my whole life......
The basics are clear, but what is the difference between larger hoses in diameter, what waterpump solution will be best, i have a NZXT H510i (didn´t plan a liquid setup at ordering). Whats the difference between thicker an thinner radiators, beside the probably lesser cooling in thinner variants? Whats the best arrangement for the fans on a single radiator (120/140) and a larger one (max. 280 for my case)?
What fittings to choose for not getting drained?
I´m so sorry for that dumb questions but i´m really gettin into this by now so i need to ask, for learning to do....
And Sorry also for my probably rusty english, am german and didn´t use english for a while....

Thanks so far and looking forward to your answers ;)

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi There,
First of all we need the PCB number of your graphics card. You can find the number on the original packaging or on the front/back side of the card.
The differnce between the radiators are like you have mentioned more performance but also more liquid capacity. On a single radiator i would go definietly with a 140mm fan. The common fittings are the 13/10 mm which we sell the most. If you want you can shoot an email to info@alphacool with your address so we create an offer for you.

Zephyria

Hey Metropolis,

Thanks for your answer!
Vendor Nr. is V381-003R if its the one u need?
not at home atm so cannot look ;)
radiator i could take a 280 at max, but am planning to expand with cpu probably....
i am in contact with your support already, hope they can build an offer which fits my needs ;)
i saw configs with one 140 radiator and two 140 fans, one blowin in and one takin out...is that a good solution or just a matter of space?
AiO your support wrote to me, is not compatible with my graphics card so need to build a custom circle.....
so i´m planning a custom block for gpu and a 280 radiator (if it´s more powerful than a 140 with blow in and take out) in my case and probably in future days a expansion on cpu (ryzen 7 3700x) or a good and valuable complete circle at once if its not that much more expensive to just building gpu atm....

thanks so far

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Yes indeed we do not have an AIO solution for this graphics card only the full cover block (article number 11758). You need to build a cutom loop i am affraid. If you need any support on this issue you can contact Info@ or ask the question directly here it is up to you. But if you want an offer just a short email to info@

Zephyria

Yeah same answer from info@ ;)
i asked em for an offer already...hope its a good one :p
but if anyone in this community has some hints please reply here as i´m a bloody newbie ;)