No Low Cost shipping option (to France in my case) ?

pdifolco

Hello
Often I'd want to buy a couple cheap stuff, like fittings, cables, coolant, etc.. and right now I'd want to replace my black Eisbecher top with a transparent one, that's 8 EUR...
But shipping cost is a whooping 16EUR minimum whatever you buy, making the shipping cost a deal breaker

For these kind of cheap and not fragile parts, why isn't there a cheaper shipping option ?

Deutsche Post GmbH made the price chart worse. BÜWA and letter all +0,05€, some international product was scrapped or changed to force expensiver one and they tell you not to send anything else than paper documents on a certain product.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hello
Often I'd want to buy a couple cheap stuff, like fittings, cables, coolant, etc.. and right now I'd want to replace my black Eisbecher top with a transparent one, that's 8 EUR...
But shipping cost is a whooping 16EUR minimum whatever you buy, making the shipping cost a deal breaker

For these kind of cheap and not fragile parts, why isn't there a cheaper shipping option ?
This is quite simple to explain. Above a certain size, processes run automatically. In small companies with small orders, the employee can often control the entire order process - choice of packaging, shipping company, etc.... Unfortunately, this is no longer possible with several hundreds of orders per day! This then only works through automation. And that all costs money - automation, shipping, fast shipping time, collection, tracking and and and - that is unfortunately not comparable with the prices & the effort that one pays & has as an end consumer.

pdifolco

This is quite simple to explain. Above a certain size, processes run automatically. In small companies with small orders, the employee can often control the entire order process - choice of packaging, shipping company, etc.... Unfortunately, this is no longer possible with several hundreds of orders per day! This then only works through automation. And that all costs money - automation, shipping, fast shipping time, collection, tracking and and and - that is unfortunately not comparable with the prices & the effort that one pays & has as an end consumer.
Price of success then ? Yet seems it won't be that hard to sort out small packets and use less expensive options, 16EUR for a product weighing like 30g or even worse a thin cable makes no sense, and just forces me to get it elsewhere...

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The shipping prices are not made by us, but by the shipping service providers with whom we have fixed contracts. In addition, for insurance reasons, we need the shipment numbers of the shipping service providers, so we send only packages. This will not change. The internal processes regarding shipping are fixed and as the colleague already says, a package throws the semi-automated procedure out of whack and costs time and money. Especially since this is not even possible due to the system. The pakers have no leeway for changes or alternatives, nor should they. We send out far too much every day to do that on the side.