Noob advice for 2080Ti and CPU

Agent

Please help me out, since i've no previous experience with watercooling at all.
So i got this 2080Ti from a buddy. I want to buy necessary components to install this into my case, with enough spare cooling capacity for AMD 5600x CPU (currently on Intel 6600k).
What sort of a kit should i get keeping in mind that i want to add a CPU to the system later? I don't mind the size of the radiator, cab be 360mm if there will be less noise from the fans because of it.
If not a kit, then what sort of components would be in my shopping list?20210118_222034.jpg

any advice would be much appreciated.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
First of all, you should clean the radiator thoroughly. If that is still possible at all. I would rather dismantle it and throw it straight into the dustbin. Whatever your friend had here as coolant should not end up in your circulation system. The radiator is completely ruined.

Otherwise, you need the usual things. Pump, expansion tank, two connections per component and a decent coolant. It's actually not a big deal what you still need there.

Agent

Yeah, it does require cleaning, i'm well aware oа that.
Could you give a sample of the specific models of pumps and radiators to be used for this sort of load?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
To be honest... it's usually a matter For example, I personally would prefer the DDC310 pump because I don't have to regulate it. Others would rather recommend a D5 pump like the VPP655 or 755 because you can regulate both well and both have more power. But mostly all these pumps run at half power. But I would take one of these pumps. of taste or it depends on the space available.
For radiators I would always take the ST30, if I want to run Push&Pull, then the XT45. For the UT60 and thicker radiators, the only way to get more power is with high-speed fans, which will then be noisy.
With the expansion tank, you only have to make sure that you can attach the desired pump directly. Separate pump tops are actually no longer in keeping with the times. Otherwise, it is a matter of taste and what fits into the housing.

Agent

Thanks! i'll start looking into it, and if i have any more stupid questions I'll write them here as well :)

thanks again