Nylon TPV Fittings

redman147

Hello. New to the forum, but I've already purchased a lot of Alphacool products and one of them I have a question about. The TPV quick releases that came with the Eisbaer Aurora and the Eiswolf 2 5700XT I want to replace with the industrial version that doesn't have the screw part. I've tried to remove the TPV hose from the fittings, but they won't budge at all. I've tried everything I could think of to get the metal lock ring to come out with the tubing, but it just won't come out. I'm completely confused as to what to do at this point. Has anyone had any luck disconnecting the hoses from these quick releases? I want to reuse them for a friend, but the way they locked in and how cheap they are makes me think they're disposable or something.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
So because the hose is tight the whole thing is now cheap? Wouldn't it be cheap if you could just pull off the hose on an "AIO"?
You will have no choice but to cut the hose open, because it is intended that you cannot get the hose out so easily. Because normally it is not intended that you remove the hoses at this point. You can remove the hoses as a whole and replace them that way, but the quick-release fastener is not really supposed to be removable, only together with the hose.

redman147

If you look at the price of your quick disconnects compared to other brands....you're cheaper and since I couldn't find any info on these I came to the conclusion that they must be disposable. That was the point I made, but I digress. Thank you, though, for letting me know these weren't really meant to be taken apart. I'm glad I bought extra as the tubing for the Eisbaer Aurora and Eiswolf 2 came quite long and I have a big case so I wanted to make the runs shorter. I'll just have to make sure to plan my loop carefully when I put the new fittings on. I'll just have to purchase some TPV tubing just in case. I think next time I'll get your smaller nylon quick disconnect that looks like it's for normal reuses. I really like the idea for nylon. Quite light weight to boot.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
It is possible to shorten them, but as you have already noticed, it is very difficult because of the locking ring. It is supposed to make it almost impossible for the hose to come off. That is supposed to increase safety. But it is very difficult. In general, we use nylon quick-release fasteners for the enterprise sector, because brass quick-release fasteners are a problem there. Nylon is lighter, does not conduct electricity and is easier to install in servers than brass quick-release fasteners. At some point, we simply started to offer them for the retail market as well. We have been on the market in the enterprise sector for far longer. They are also cheaper, that's true, because the production is easier.

redman147

Well the Quick releases that came on the original products weren't for server use, but I understand the thought process and it's actually really good practice. I only bought the industry version because I hated unscrewing them each time I needed to disconnect the hoses. I really hope you guys make more products like this, but definitely hope one is made that's reusable. I'd rather use materials that aren't corrosive, react with materials, etc in my loop and I don't really care about aesthetics like lighting. I just want the best liquid cooling for the price.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The server QDCs are very similar. The difference to the Eisbaer version is only, that you have to screw them because of the compatiblity to some older products.