Rebellion

Cre8 Modding

Welcome to my latest project, Rebellion! I have changed the name of this from Ortus, just to put some space between the cutting edge and what can be a more than adequate build, there's not going to be a 10900K in here or a 2080Ti, but it will be a great build none the less for the more casual gamer.

To get any project started, you first need a base. For that, we will be using the Antec P120 Crystal, accompanied by their High Current Gamer 750W 80+ Gold PSU and two sets of Prizm 120 ARGB kits that include both a fan controller and ARGB strips. A massive shout out to Antec for this, really looking forward to this build and I hope it may lead to future work with them. I have an idea I fancy trying on their Torque chassis so fingers crossed this one meets the grade.

Some hardware is yet to be confirmed but as far as case mods go, we will be trying out a few things I have not seen in a P120 as of yet. This build will be aimed primarily at a modest budget for those wishing to put something similar together. I won't be going too over the top as I have more planned for the P120 once this one is done so I am aiming to keep that side of things pretty clean. Alphacool are once again backing my work but a certain virus is delaying items from arriving as they normally would and I may have a small wait on my hands before everything is here.

That’s our intro to this one then, there is more to come and we did a quick unboxing video on the Prizm 3-1 pack, it’s only our second video so don’t be too harsh!

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hey dude , cant wait to see how this build would look like :) And yes we are having real difficulties with the virus. Our factory was closed for several weeks and we have to catch the production back. This will take surely a litte while and we are sorry for that :(

Last edited:

Cre8 Modding

Hey Metro ! No problem at all, this build is a bit ahead of itself at the moment actually as I have the Team Green one to do first. This will recycle some of the parts from that build so effectively getting 2 for 1 here :)

More will become clear on this soon, I'm just waiting to hear back from XXXXXXXX, who I hope will be joining me as a new partner. As soon as I do then we can get rolling with some mods!

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hey dude :) any update on your new modd? It has been almost 20 (not 28 days yet ^^) days now since your last post ^^

Cre8 Modding

Hey Metro, sadly due to the ongoing issues surrounding Corona virus I have not been able to make any progress on this one, even to confirm other partners. Also, the Alphacool parts for our Team Green build that will be recycled into this are still on hold as far as I know.

I have lent the P120 to Gadget Joe for a review while we are waiting, hopefully, when this clears up we will be able to keep moving.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Slowly but safe this virus thing sucks. We are for alsmost two weeks at home now and short after the speech of the chancellor she went to quarantine too so no one knows what is going on LOL . I hope this ends soon so people can be normal again.

Cre8 Modding

Due to the ongoing worldwide situation, many of our projects have been delayed including this one. Given the circumstances, we have had to change things up a little, going from the original plan to a black and red, Republic of Gamers styled theme.

To kick things off on the hardware side, we have decided to go with the ASUS Z390-H. This board revitalizes the classic ROG red-and-black colour scheme but adds in the ASUS cyber-text pattern. It looks fantastic and takes us back to the older ROG boards and the styling that the fans love. This isn’t a sponsored part for the build but I love ASUS hardware so it was an easy choice.

20200609-094738.jpg
20200609-094846.jpg
ASUS-Z390-H
The CPU of choice carries on the old school theme, going with the Intel 8086K. A big shout out to Intel for sending this over for us. Essentially an 8700K, 6 cores and 12 threads and topping out at 5GHz, the limited edition chip will serve us well in this build.

20200609-093736
20200609-093756.jpg
Intel-8086-K
Hopefully, as things start getting back to some sort of normality over the next few weeks we can move on and get this build going. I still have Mistral to finish but that's waiting on my 3D printer to arrive so that we can print out the new nameplate for the PSU shroud.

Last edited:

Cre8 Modding

Just going to drop this here, it hits social next week but just wanted to say a massive thank you to all at Alphacool for making such great products and being there to help on not only my past projects but also Ortus and a few other new builds coming together! Our 3D printer arrives soon so stay tuned for, what I think, will be some great looking projects!

Dont worry, I will have more photos coming of every single rad, pump, block and fitting during each build log so stay tuned :)

Care package!!!!!

Alphacool Care package.jpg

Last edited:

Cre8 Modding

Just wanted to check in on this one.

I'm actually going to do 2 builds in the P120, the first is with Barrow for a plain, clean build and then this one. The reasoning behind it is that the Barrow build will be plain and this one will have case mods. Since we only have a single P120 case, we cant destroy it first then put it back together for the Barrow build.

Will keep this updated as and when I can :)

Cre8 Modding

Well its time to finally get some parts in here! Its been a long old wait but its time to get moving, I wont go into details but I have waited since January for something and when it did finally happen, it was all cocked up and so I had to cancel that part of the P120 builds I have coming. Moving on swiftly ?

P120-Open Strix
The 8086K and Z390-H are now sitting in their new home, even with just the motherboard in place, it totally transforms the bare P120 and gives us a glimpse of the black and red theme we are going for. Straight away I just know this is going to be a great looking build but there’s a long way to go yet. The P120 looks fantastic and we now just have to fill the rest up.

Z390-Fitted
We all know the P120 defines itself by having a multitude of fans sitting next to the motherboard and that’s what we need to get into place next. This is a bit different though, thanks to my friends at Alphacool we are showing things off a little differently, going with a custom res holder on an Alphacool ST30 360mm Radiator coupled with Antec’s gorgeous Prizm 120mm ARGB fans.

Tubing-Res
With the fittings and short tubes in place, we could get the Alphacool Coolplex 250mm tube reservoirs in place, but these are no ordinary reservoirs. We have removed the bottom block multiport fittings and replaced them with the single connection top caps. Some small extensions and 90-degree fittings and we are good to go. This meant we had to order 4 of the reservoirs, hopefully Alphacool will start stocking end caps as a separate item soon.

Dual-res-Couplings.jpg
Alphacool-fittings-on-Res
What will really make this build stand out is the dual reservoirs, backlit by the Antec fans and so I had to come up with a way to mount both to the radiator. Cue Sketch-Up and my 3D printer and voila! A custom made res holder that can be fitted to the fans using the 35mm screws that come with the Alphacool radiator. Complete adjustment is possible so we get the perfect alignment too. I have also included the bottom cut outs so we can then push coolant to the next part of the loop.

3-D-printed-Bracket-1 3-D-printed-Bracket-2 Bracket-Fitted Res-Tubes-Fitted Rad-Fitted
Its a great fit and looks bloody awesome in person, I just want to fill these up now with red pastel but that will have to wait until its all done. Now we have the 360 in place its time to get the Alphacool VPP655 and the second, 240mm radiator in, line it all up and secure it all down.

Pump-655 Lower-Rad-Fitted
We have 6 Antec Prizms so having a 360, 240 and then the rear fan is perfect. These will all be controlled by the included Antec controller and I will be adding some of the RGB strips from the pack too.

Front-Down Front-Up Rear-Fan
So its finally on its way, still a load to do but for today thats some good progress. Im waiting on a GPU to arrive now and then we can get the CPU and GPU blocks fitted and finish the loop, then onto some other little details but for now, stay safe and happy modding!

Cre8 Modding

Oh, as I said though, you really need to stock 1 port reservoir lids as a separate item. Used the tube res on a few builds now with simple 1 in 1 out end caps.

Cre8 Modding

Yes, it would be great to be able to buy the end caps as optional parts, not just these but for all of them, chrome etc For some of my builds, especially Pastel DX this was what enabled the clean and unusual reservoir placement above the GPU.

Cre8 Modding

Today I am delighted to welcome PowerColor to the Mod 83 list of partners, we will be kicking things off with the PowerColor 5700XT Red Devil for this build with a PowerColor 5600XT build to come further down the line.

I'm really pleased the hard work is paying off and so awesome to bring another manufacturer to the Mod 83 family.

Details for both models can be found on the PowerColor website but for today we just want to show off the 5700XT that will be going on a small diet with an Alphacool block before looping up this system!

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]