'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

Metalksonic

@Eddy do you knew any news about the cooler.... When Alpha decided to produce it.. How long does it take to Planing and produce ..and the aviable !?!?
Hi, I really thought they would produce the water cooler, not for the RTX 3090 Palit Game Rock OC, because the numbers are too small.

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

sakarno

Palit is the main company and Gainward only a smaler part of it. Same with GALAX, KFA and a lot of other brands wich are a part of Palit ;-) Palit is with Sapphire one of the biggest or the biggest GPU brands on the market with many sub brands.

And about a cooler for this card.... we will ask Palit for the PCB design.

"we will ask Palit for the PCB design." ;)

:coffee:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Development takes only 1-2 weeks. Production and shipping time is the biggest part. Shipping time is around 5-6 weeks and production time depends on how much other things we have to make. Could be a week, could be 3 weeks. Thats the reason why we bought 50 further CNC machines due to the extreme increase in orders, we have to increase our production capacities.

Feo69

Development takes only 1-2 weeks. Production and shipping time is the biggest part. Shipping time is around 5-6 weeks and production time depends on how much other things we have to make. Could be a week, could be 3 weeks. Thats the reason why we bought 50 further CNC machines due to the extreme increase in orders, we have to increase our production capacities.
As I understand it, the 3080/3090 Gamerock waterblock will still be released. I would like to stand in line if possible and be one of the first to receive this water block after graduation, is it possible?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
until now, we didn`t get any datas from Palit, so nothing happend right now. We hope to get the datas soon because until now we got everything very quick from Palit. But you can only preorder the cooler after the release, not before.

Hugh Jass

Don't want to get my hopes up, but sounds promising!

It's summer where I am, and I've done as much as I can to keep this card cool without a waterblock (deshroud and 2 x Noctua Industrial 140mms + LM repaste), but it's still not enough to combat the 30°+ ambient temps I'm doing battle with here.

I'll add my name to the list of those with a 3090 Game Rock OC who will fill your account with shiny pennies as soon as a compatible waterblock is released.

V-L-D

Imho PALIT 3090 Gamerock OC if far more superior then 75% of all " insert big brand name here " cards. I'm running my card with EVGA 520W bios - it is a beast, Port Royal 14996 points, 2070 - 2100 Mhz on GPU, +1200 Mhz memory. And it all stops on one simple thing ... this beast needs proper cooling !

So guys - take my money :D I'm ready to preorder what is not announced yet ;)

lastyc

I'm running my card with EVGA 520W bios - it is a beast, Port Royal 14996 points, 2070 - 2100 Mhz on GPU, +1200 Mhz memory. And it all stops on one simple thing ... this beast needs proper cooling !
Tell me pls, from which EVGA is the BIOS suitable for our 3090?

sakarno

a 520 Watts Bios is a bit overpowerd with a Air cooler.... Andy a little bit risky..... I Have the Standard Bios with a little bit powertarget increase.... as the new 3090 Waterblock hoping arrves.......
The Aircooler on this cards has reservers from the Factory yes the OC version boosts around 420 Watts the no OC 350 Watts but 520 Watts for this expensive Card is very Risky without water cooling....

snd1986

a 520 Watts Bios is a bit overpowerd with a Air cooler.... Andy a little bit risky..... I Have the Standard Bios with a little bit powertarget increase.... as the new 3090 Waterblock hoping arrves.......
The Aircooler on this cards has reservers from the Factory yes the OC version boosts around 420 Watts the no OC 350 Watts but 520 Watts for this expensive Card is very Risky without water cooling....

Out of the box with the OC version with limits set to max, no other OC it hits 470 watts. It's only risky if you keep it at 520 watts for too long while its getting warm, but again the internal limits won't let it go past 83c default and 91c on max power limits. That said water block would be best option at 520. Mines running just find now on 520 watts aswell. Thanks @V-L-D for the help

V-L-D

That is why i have Stream Deck with all data from running system, my card runs in stock cooling with LM ;) card has good overtemp protection, imho risk to damage is less then 1%.

snd1986

@V-L-D you may want to reduce 2nd fan controller down from 100% as it is pushing the fans beyond their recommended speed of 2900 rpm. I had that on mine too, not sure if it's fine to run them at 3300+ I maybe wrong lol. But yeh they are rated at 2900. So I run mine max at 90% on 2nd fan controller. 1st one is fine at 100% (middle fan)

V-L-D

@V-L-D you may want to reduce 2nd fan controller down from 100% as it is pushing the fans beyond their recommended speed of 2900 rpm. I had that on mine too, not sure if it's fine to run them at 3300+ I maybe wrong lol. But yeh they are rated at 2900. So I run mine max at 90% on 2nd fan controller. 1st one is fine at 100% (middle fan)

Thank you ! Did not think of this b4 !