Planning for a new build to fill out my View 37

bbihah

In a view 37 chassis, currently using only a Eisbaer Aurora 360(side mount) and after seeing it in action I couldn't wait to expand this to my 6800 qick 319 GPU.

I've been pondering on what I need and after some advice from staff at Alphacool, I know I need a pump and was suggested the DDC310 version of the Eisstation. I was also suggested the quick connector type tubings, adding to that more liquid for filling, 240mm rad with fans and the GPX MERC 319 GPU block and I'm now at a conundrum.

I'm assuming i'm going to need 3? sets of the tubes(unless i get a rad fitted with tubes) and the sequence would be something like this;
CPUOUT>GPUIN(set1)>GPUOUT(set1)>EISIN(set2)>EISOUT(set2)>240IN(set3)>240OUT(set3)>360IN>360OUT>CPUIN

Are there any special fittings I will require at all? or is it just, three sets of the tubes nothing else needed?

The logistics of all the hoses is going to be a bit of a problem as well, they are pretty long while the distance some have to go is extremely short, like between the new pump and the first rad while from the first to the 2nd radiator I'm not even sure if the hoses have the length required. They all have to avoid the fans spinning from the side of the case on the aurora radiator as well. (case has one front mounted rad and one side mounted.) Option is a 120mm rad in the back instead of the front mounted 240, which would then be between the CPU and GPU and might actually be the most logistically sound option. But I'll think more about that and bring out the tape measurer once I know if I need fittings or anything special at all.

Thanks!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, please do not use too many quick-release couplings to expand your system. This is for easy integration of a further AIO, AGB, radiator, etc.. Too many quick-release couplings slow down the water flow and can impair the cooling performance. Use Alphacool tube AlphaTube TPV 12,7/7,6 - black matte 3,3m (10ft) retail box and Alphacool HF compression Fitting TPV - 12,7/7,6mm Straight - Black - 6pcs Kit (x2) instead. Installation is easy, enough tube is available & you can arrange the lengths as you need them.

bbihah

Hello Thomas, I'll put that in mind and use at least the longer sections without the quick-releases for a start and then see if I can change the shorter sections at a later time. I ended up ordering plenty of hose and fittings just in case but I'll probably end up needing more if I want to customize the lengths better. We'll see how it all works out. The biggest hoop will be filling up the system now I think, as i'll probably try to do that with the system hooked up but not assembled on the PC, so that will be interesting...