Radeon VII Damaged from Waterblock

forknmybut

Hi I purchased an Alphacool waterblock for my Radeon VII last year and one of the LED strip screws damaged a component of the card. I received a refund for the block from Aquatuning, but was wondering if anyone can help with the damaged GPU card? This was one of the first waterblocks built for the Radeon VII and it happened last year. Figured I was out of luck because Aquatuning did not mention anyone replacing damaged cards.

Damaged Radeon VII (small).jpg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yesterday was sunday. We dont work on sunday ;-) And after a weekend, we have a lot of mails. Maybe our support team need a day or two.

forknmybut

Thanks for the response. I meant to say I sent an email the day before the original post (last Wednesday), did not get anything so I figured I would post here (original post last Thursday). Looking forward to hearing from someone.

forknmybut

Nothing from support. Eddy requested my email address and suggested I check my Spam folder. I PMed him my email address. Nothing in spam from Alphacool and no response to my original email. Does it matter that I sent the email before creating a forum account?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I dont know really maybe it has been landed on our spam folder. Can you please PN me your email address so i can check it with support and let you know? Thank you.

forknmybut

Well in the end Metro told me I waited too long to report this issue and Alphacool will not help. Just to be clear the card was broken a year ago but I never received a recall notification from them or the vendor (only a warning email that the block might have issues). In the end extremely poor design and bad communication (from Alphacool or Aquatuning?) as the block was apparently recalled and gpus were replaced. At this point I can't see myself recommending these products to anyone as no one wants to take responsibility or support damage caused by poor engineering. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to hearing it but I'm avoiding this brand altogether.