Re: Eisbaer 420 "AIO" units. A request. Lengthen the hoses 1-3 inches?

Hyperstrike

For future reference.
The default hoses on the Eisbaer 420 units are just, ever so slightly, too short.

This video talked about it and shows.

I purchased one myself, hoping a more open case like mine would alleviate that problem.

Alas, pretty much ANYTHING that can mount a 420mm rad is going to be too deep for the waterblock to sit properly on the CPU assembly if you do front-facing fittings.
So you have to flip the fittings end around into the back, causing hose crowding and it just looks messy.
I'm willing to bet this is a problem on 360's as well.

CablingNearDone_a.jpg

Perhaps consider, on your longest units (anything 360mm +) adding an extra few inches to the hoses. Or respec ALL Eisbaer AIO units to be just that much longer.
You might add, what? $0.25-$0.50 to unit costs? Bump the MSRP up a buck or two and call it done!

ALSO, it would be GREATLY appreciated if you shipped sufficient screws to mount fans in a full push-pull configuration from the start?
This put my build on hold for nearly a week.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, thanks for the feedback. The length of the tube is an issue in itself. For one person it's too long, for another it's too short. You have to find the right balance - in my opinion, that's the right thing to do here. Yes, there is feedback on the length of the hose, but this is low in relation to the number of units sold. A 100% hit rate of satisfaction is almost impossible.

There are enough screws for the AIO. The idea is to be able to start water cooling immediately with the solution without additional resources. If you plan to expand the AIO right from the start, you also have to think about all the additional material needed. You will get the information in advance with each of our articles in the data sheet.

I hope I was able to help you to some extent and wish you every success with the implementation of your project. Many greetings

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
All AIOs since Eisbaer Aurora have 40 cm tubes. The old Eisbaer 420 has only 32 cm tubes. ;)

To be honest... push& pull on a 30mm radiator makes no real sense. push&pull makes only sense on thicker radiators like XT45 or UT60.

Hyperstrike

To be honest... push& pull on a 30mm radiator makes no real sense. push&pull makes only sense on thicker radiators like XT45 or UT60.

From the point of lowest possible temps? Yeah. You're most likely right.
From that POV, all I needed was a 240mm unit, running at 1200-1500 RPM.
But that's NOT why I'm running them this way.

It's about noise control.
This is why I went with a 420mm unit. More overall fluid volume, greater overall surface area, and larger, slower-spinning fans.
Running in the push-pull config allows me to keep the fans at very low RPM.
The machine sits roughly 28-30" from me on my desk. I work from home and need to be on the phone.
The boom mic I use is fairly sensitive.
And the loudest thing in my system is the air-cooled RTX 2060 (mainly because nobody wants to make waterblocks for Zotac, as they constantly play around with their board layouts).