Reassemble an Eisbaer LT (Solo)

Zooentwerter

Since the Eisbaer LT Solo is on backorder for a few weeks now, I ordered me a 360 Combo. ;-)
I only planed to use the Cooler/Pump and sell the radiator. I dismantled the combo and thought it would be a good idea to clean it before using it in a build.

First, kudos. The Eisbaer LT is a nicely build and compact Cooler/Pump.
Easy to maintain and clean.

BUT! When I reassembled the cooler I noticed that the jetplate wasn´t symmetric.

EZ8LGGgXQAIxLVY.jpg

On the right there is a small ramp in the plastic/hardrubber.

Where should that ramp be positioned ?

Over the pump inlet to direct the flow or at the opposite end to "increase the pressure" ?

On an other note. I plan to switch the DC-LT 2600 with a DC-LT 3600 and was wandering if you can get a spare metal decal, since I have to remove it from the cooler in to get to the pump/screws.

1014282-1nG9o6zbQ9e8qe.jpg

Looks like it is glued on and I assume it will suffer by removing it.
(Perhaps dipping the cooler in isopropanol for a few hours will loosen the adhesive?)

ZeeGee

Did you figure out? I just noticed the same thing and found this thread while looking for answers...

As for the metal decal, it's fixed via double sided tape, so you can use a small slotted screw driver to pry it open from a corner and gently push it in further and try to pry around from underneath to separate the tape. That's how I did mine and there isn't really much deformation.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
On an other note. I plan to switch the DC-LT 2600 with a DC-LT 3600 and was wandering if you can get a spare metal decal, since I have to remove it from the cooler in to get to the pump/screws.
The DC-LT 3600 is for industrial use and will not fit the LT.

Looks like it is glued on and I assume it will suffer by removing it.
Yes it is glued but if you work carefully should be not a problem to remove it.

Where should that ramp be positioned ?
Please check the link below. There is a step file of that product where you can see how it is assembled together:

ZeeGee

There is a step file of that product where you can see how it is assembled together:

Thanks for the pointers!
I downloaded the step file and figured out how to view it in FreeCAD (CAD newbie here); however, as far as I can tell, the file didn't actually include details for that part?
The file split the drawing into 2 parts: the metal cold plate and the plastic pump housing. I tried to toggle the visibility off for cold plate or the pump housing, and looked at the details inside where they would join together, but I didn't find anything for that black plastic piece attached to the cold plate shown in #1

Elaman

Hi, first of all thank you for these resources.
Has anybody gone further and actually replaced the pump in the Eisbaer LT?
Mine is broken and I'd imagine that it is the pump, I would like to at least see it. But it is housed in what seems to be one plastic piece.

ZeeGee

Has anybody gone further and actually replaced the pump in the Eisbaer LT?
Yes I did and it appears to be working still.
Mine is broken and I'd imagine that it is the pump, I would like to at least see it. But it is housed in what seems to be one plastic piece.
What appears to be one plastic piece? The Eisbaer LT itself? If you look at the exterior picture in the first post, there's a seam that runs along the edge. The screws that are holding the housing closed are underneath the "Eisbaer LT" plate which is glued on and you can pry it off (but it might not survive the process).

Elaman

Edit:
Thanks a lot @ZeeGee ! Yes, I was able to remove the thin frontplate, the pump and finally able to look at its insides. Success!

eisbaer-lt-blown-up-pump.jpg

I don't know if the black stains in that side of the pcb or the small burned mark at the pump's cover tell the story already, but I can assure you the smell of what reminds me of burned rubber is reaching out to the kitchen...

Last edited:

ZeeGee

@Elaman glad that I helped!

I had to open my Eisbaer LT because I fried my pump by accidentally reversing the polarity of power fed into it... I wonder how you got yours into this state ...

Elaman

@Elaman glad that I helped!

I had to open my Eisbaer LT because I fried my pump by accidentally reversing the polarity of power fed into it... I wonder how you got yours into this state ...

I think me too, and now thanks to you I am more sure that that was the cause. I wasn't completely sure about the reason at first, because I had used a different power source the first time and the test went OK. Obviously never changed polarities with first power source and that is the real story.