Recent purchase of hte of hte eissturm pack

MadMel

I recently purchased my first Eiisturm 360 kit, as my first watercooling setup, and my new case, after spending some time unpacking it, i noticed that the radiator had a fin or 2 bent or cracked (not the pipes) the overall pack looked opened, but each product seemed new with a few bags seeming to be lil scrunched up like someone had repacked it.

after unpacking more and looking at my case i realised two things.
one the radiator would not connect to the top (cause the plugs protrude and interfere with the mounting in the chassi (lian-li rog dynamic der bauer)
and the water tank fittings (the ones hanging so you can mounting it hanging off the back) are extremely loose)

i looked at a vid and ordered the plugs for the tighter fit along with 200 euros of extras. now when i finally get hte pack i realise these fittings were for a newever version of the reservoir. so they wont acutally help at all.

should i return this whole kit and just get my own? are newer parts i buy going to acutally work with the older parts? im trying to set this up with a 5950x and do my first home built watercooling kit but just getting started is a very long time to set up.

i also want to extend the kit to a graphcis card (3080 or equiv in the next year) have i picked the right stuff? or should i start elsewhere?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
If you have any questions about your shipment, damage or defects, please email our support team (info@alphacool.com).

Before you send anything back, it would be good to know exactly what kind of plugs you ordered!

A later integration of a GPU cooler into the Eisturm Loop is possible without any problems!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
One solution is to place the fans between the case and the radiator. Then the whole thing is no problem. The system was originally designed for this arrangement. The attached YouTube video also shows it quite well. Do you see a way to solve this?