Replacement pump for Alphacool VGA Cooler Eiswolf 120 GPX Pro GTX 1080Ti Pro M22?

UmmiQ

Hi

1) Anyone know which pump should I buy to replace one in my current setup? It's making noises not like low water but more like bad pump. I guess it's on the dying row..
2) While at it- how to get pipes shorter? I was recommended to buy the extension kit but this is just stupid :D

rights reserved.jpg

Br
Urmas

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You can buy any kind of tube and fittings you like to get the pipes shorter. I would switch to TPV or EPDM tubes and connections. For the pump you can switch to the DC-LT 2 pump.

UmmiQ

You can buy any kind of tube and fittings you like to get the pipes shorter. I would switch to TPV or EPDM tubes and connections. For the pump you can switch to the DC-LT 2 pump.
Thx for the answer!

I guess if I'm ready to upgrade the whole loop I could do that- replacing AIO with AC radiator and connect CPU-GPU into one loop.

I also got an answer from support that these 2 should be fine for me:
  1. https://www.alphacool.com/shop/pumps/dc-lt/20729/alphacool-dc-lt-2600-ultra-low-noise-ceramic-12v-dc
  2. https://www.alphacool.com/shop/gpu-...ool-nexxxos-gpx-pro-solo-with-backplate-black
Br

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
1. If you like to change the pump alone. But its a bit tricky.
2. Bit more expensive, but you dont need to change the pump, only this unit on the cooler. Bit more expensive, but easier for mounting.

UmmiQ

1. If you like to change the pump alone. But its a bit tricky.
2. Bit more expensive, but you dont need to change the pump, only this unit on the cooler. Bit more expensive, but easier for mounting.
I thought so! :)

I'll record the pump noise and maybe someone can tell me if there's different issue instead.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sounds like a micro-bubble in the pump to me. Shake the housing a bit, put it on its side or tilt it back a bit. It may help to loosen the bubble.

UmmiQ

Sounds like a micro-bubble in the pump to me. Shake the housing a bit, put it on its side or tilt it back a bit. It may help to loosen the bubble.
I did that once again.

Picked up the radiator as high as possible, removed GPU and turned it around a lot. I guess some bubbles are out and it's a quieter but it still has bubbles in the pump. I also was able to add few ml of liquid. My CoolerMaster AIO is silent at the same time so I can tell the difference.

I also had pump connected to a working PC at the time @50% and also @100% speed to help a little.

Any more ideas how to get those bubbles out? It's most annoying when not playing :)

Imho, the pipes are a bit too long for this setup and I don't really like the idea that the pump has to work extra to flow the water so much up & down.

At least I found out that my PSU fan is also making noise when working- Another warranty case.. lol

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Such microbubbles are extremely persistent. It can take a while to get them out, but they will eventually disappear again.

Except shaking, let the pump run max, switch off, let it run full.... tilt the pump back and forth a bit or shake it vigorously.... that's all you can do. Even with a new filling, the problem can occur with any AIO.

PSU.... well... when something happens, it happens all at once. If the washing machine breaks down, so does the dryer or dishwasher. :cautious: