replacement pump for Eiswolf GPX-Pro?

jdamp

Sounds like my pump has started to go bad. I can hear it making bad bearing sounds (not the same as low water). I have already did a purge and refill of the water.
Is it possible to replace the pump and if so what can I replace it with? I'm guessing the DC-LT 2600 or DC-LT 3600. Are they a drop in replacement or do I need additional parts?

Thanks, Jeff

jdamp

I went ahead and got a replacement pump. The issue is that it is sounding like a bad bearing. I'll let you know when I tear it down and see what was going on.

jdamp

I finally did a teardown of the pump/block after replacing with a new one. I found that the green die in the water had congealed around the pump and also clogging the cold plate fins. I'm not sure why the factory water used was not clear and instead a thick green water was used in the loop. Its not like the eiswolf has any sort of view window. The block had also just started to leak a little around one of the seals.
20201017_195002.jpg
20201017_195626.jpg

jdamp

I've already sourced a new block. So don't really need a replacement at this point. The problem is the coolant used at the factory. I don't think putting a thick (solid color) coolant in a semi closed loop system is a good idea. I'm currently running the Crystal yellow that doesn't have any thick fallout in it. I originally ordered the pastel yellow but after looking at the thick paste in the bottom of the container I opted to not use it. I would have used clear but couldn't find any (made by alpha cool) locally. I should be able to clean up the nasty block and put in the extra pump I also bought (I was panic buying parts).

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I would advise only to use distilled water with anticorrosion fluid. I am not a friend of this colored fluids or even worse this pastel ones. You can not belive what kind of damages i saw caused by this strange liquids.

The problem is the coolant used at the factory
We use only distilled water with 30% glycol in it.

jdamp

I would advise only to use distilled water with anticorrosion fluid. I am not a friend of this colored fluids or even worse this pastel ones. You can not belive what kind of damages i saw caused by this strange liquids.

We use only distilled water with 30% glycol in it.

Yes I have some coming and I'll change soon. I purchased the Eiswolf from https://www.aquatuning.us and the thick green coolant is what was in the system new. So someone other than me put this coolant in the unit.