Replacing G1 Lian-Li Distroplate 3.1 pump

korefuji

The pump on my Distroplate has potentially failed. I saw there is 3.2 pump from Laing. However it looks different to the 3.1 pump which has no shroud cover for the impeller, I think that's what it's called. The fins if you will.

People have replaced a 3.1 pump with a 3.2. so I need to understand how it was done considering the 3.2 has a shroud with two tubes coming out of it. Can this be removed to show the fins?

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @korefuji

I'll add two product images of the Laing DDC pump. Do you mean the cover?

With the cover

Without the cover

The back of the pump

Wen Yes, this cover is only screwed on, it is only screwed on by four screws on the back.
The different model variants (3.1, 3.2) are actually identical in construction and compatible with each other.

Best Regards

korefuji

Thank you. On my G1 distro plate it comes out like this. Will it make a difference?

Additionally what is the lead time for shipping an item? If I was to order one from you guys how long would it take. If I order today will I receive by Tuesday?

IMG_20201226_165854__01.jpg

Last edited:

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
No Problem

OK. normally there should be a cover on the wings, like on the second picture. is nothing left in your distroplate?

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
okay, I checked it out at ekwb. there is the laing ddc with the pumps as in the first and second picture. normally a new one should still fit without problems.

Best Regards

korefuji

okay, I checked it out at ekwb. there is the laing ddc with the pumps as in the first and second picture. normally a new one should still fit without problems.

Best Regards
Thank you. So to confirm I can remove the tubing section and leave as per your second picture. Great.

Can you advise on the delivery times, as I need to build this by or before wednesday. I appreciate the current climate and difficulties so I'm not asking for a guarantee just an estimate .

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
No problem for that.
I can't guarantee it now either, but if you look at other shops, all of them have the wing cover. I don't know why yours isn't. But yes, the hose cover can be removed to mount it on a pump top, reservoir or distroplate.

I can't promise you about the delivery times either, as there is now a significantly higher delivery volume over the holidays, and many also go on vacation. maybe you have a shop or mail order company in your area that has the pump.

korefuji

That is why we are here.
(y) ;)
I was just thinking: could I potentially install a pump like this and just remove the top? I am looking at local availablity as you suggested. Or does this pump work differently. It looks the same as what you posted but with a different top.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201226-191052.jpg
    Screenshot_20201226-191052.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 3

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hey,

yes this works, that would be a ddc pump with pump top. this is only screwed on via the back with 4 screws.

Best Regards