rx 6900xt alphacool eiswolf 2 aio temp problem-corosion

screamer81

I have a problem with my Aio .The rpm is 2700 but the temp is very hot in stock . This corosion is warrranty???

Attachments

• 286527009_386513646612002_2367690122106025252_n.jpg
    286527009_386513646612002_2367690122106025252_n.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 16

screamer81

I wrote to the store and will be replaced under warranty. The question is if they will be replaced with a good one?

screamer81

When i change the air cooler the aio something is wrong the aio \ vcore voltage never go up 1v when i set 1.1v \ . I used only undervolted the card with 70-75 celsius hotspot .My question is the factory 1mm gap pad is it okay ? not better 0.5 mm?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
0,5mm is too flat, will not work. We deliver our coolers with good 7W/mk Ultra Soft pads. If you increase the voltage, you also have to allow a higher TDP in addition. However, many cards are limited via the bios. Any adjustment of the voltage won't help.

screamer81

There is stock aircooling set 1.175V vcore and is good . A second picture with Aio set vcore.1.125 and the max vcore is 0.939V with +15% power limit

Attachments

• goodvcore.jpg
    goodvcore.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 7
  • wrongvcore.jpg
    wrongvcore.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 7

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I'm sorry, I have no idea now either. I don't know much about overclocking with the current generation of AMD cards. Maybe someone else can help here.

But generally the temperatures are quite high with the AIO. But that may also be due to the fact that the nickel plating has loosened and thus the cooling fins are clogged or these hinder the flow in other places. Or the cooler does not sit properly on.
That would also explain why you do not really get better temperatures with lower voltage. I would wait for the replacement radiator and see how it behaves then.

screamer81

"Or the cooler does not sit properly on." how? I assembly good as the manual ... The block is wrong ?an the corosion is why ? This is an Aio

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
It can always happen that components like Rams or the GPU are a bit higher or lower. Then the cooler does not sit properly. This is not a mounting error, but a manufacturing problem of the graphics cards. Nvidia has many problems with this, AMD graphics cards actually don't. But you should always check the imprint of the heat conduction pads and the heat conduction paste on the GPU in such cases.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
And the corrosion . Change a new one and is it good?
Will be! This is not a general problem. I wouldn't say it's corrosion either. The coolant contains the appropriate additives so that nothing can actually corrode. I'd say it's more likely residue in the radiator. If you buy a separate new radiator, you have to rinse it before installation to remove the last production residues. This probably did not happen or happened insufficiently with the AIO. I assume that the replacement AIO is OK.