Ryzen 5800x and Alphacool 280 black

Tw1cker

Hello guys!
A week ago i bought 5800x, asus b550-e, alphacool 280. When i start the system in first time the temperature cpu package was 42-50C. After fan setting i have done it becomes 32-40 without any cpu load, and in stress test cpu - 74-78C, cpu package 84-91C.
Maybe someone have the same system and can tell me if this temperature is ok or my AIO is not enough for this cpu or maybe i installed the pump incorrectly.

P.S. Im sorry for my bad english.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
AMD Ryzen 5XXX series are horrible CPUs for cooling. With how much rpm are the fans running at full load?

Tw1cker

I have one 120mm in back - 1450 as max. 2 fans 140mm in top - 1300 rpm. All of them work inside and watercooling fans are in front of case work outside. Maybe this positions are bad. And one more thing, as an example if i open youtube and slide down the page cpu is coming to load at max and temperature is jumping up but in the same moment going down again. In games its stable about 50-65C. I mean i so scared about this temperature horse racing.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you say "fulll load" wich programm are you using if you have in games 50-65°C?

Tw1cker

Stability test in aida64. There with 100% load it shows 84-91C. In games cpu didnt load more than 25%.

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Can you do me a favour and check it with Prime95 than i can compare it with one of our test systems.

neotec

I have a 5800X running on dual 360mm rads with fans @ 900-1200 rpm and its 50 idle and 60-70 under load. It's just horrible, as eddy said.

Hyperstrike

Max Temp on Ryzen 3 is 90 degrees C. Beyond that it'll begin throttling.
So you're fine temp wise.

280mm SHOULD be enough to keep it cool.
If you can't get it under control, I'd suggest switching the rad to a 4-fan push-pull configuration.

You can keep fan speeds down, still move lots of air, and stave off thermal saturation that much longer.