Silent Base 802

Cre8 Modding

Hey all, hope you are doing well!

It's time for another build to wrap up 2022 and so I am putting together a build in one of my favorite cases, the be quiet! Silent Base 802.

A huge thank you to be quiet! for sending over this case and a few other bits to get this one going. To start I have the Silent Base and a Dark Power Pro 1200W to throw into this system.

For this build I want to incorporate a display, in the same way I did for be quiets! 20th Anniversary build recently while I was at KitGuru and keep the theme again black and orange throughout, but a little darker than the Pure Base 500FX looked.

Moving on, the motherboard I will be using is the MSI Z690 Carbon Wifi, crammed with a 12900K and full of Seagate FireCuda 510s and 530s, for a total of 8TB of fast NVME storage, and as you can see I will be going with Alphacool as usual for my cooling on this build.

Again a huge thank you to Alphacool for sending over everything I am going to need for this build including an Apex VPP pump, a ST30, and an XT45 radiator, both at 360mm, a 30 Series GPU block, and all-black Eiszapfen fittings. There will be a mixture of hard and soft tubing here as the pump will be located in the spacious PSU shroud and have bulkhead pass-throughs to the GPU and radiators.

So il get some work done and be back with an update soon!

Cre8 Modding

Ok so moving on quite quickly!

Time to strip down the Silent Base ready to install the screen before I get on with anything else. This involved cutting away the HDD drive bay mounts on the motherboard tray and it's really good to be able to remove this from the case in its entirety.

I didn't grab any photos during the process but the new Waveshare screen and 3D-printed mount are now in place and fit perfectly. The HDMI connector and USB power cables are also in ready to go.

I've also got the motherboard and power supply installed at this point. Next, it will be time to move on to all the water-cooling parts!

Cre8 Modding

So the screen is ready and I can move on to getting some of the other bits now installed. I'm actually rushing to get this one finished due to current work commitments. I am rather ahead of these images but I have been cracking on with the actual build over taking a load of photos so my apologies!

First the 45mm and 30mm radiators and be quiet! Light Wings fans, these are great with the included hubs, and it's easy to tie everything together for onboard lighting control.

Next is my graphics card an RTX 3080, with that Alphacool block it is going to look great in this build.

I'm hoping to have this finished by the end of next week in between shifts so I will update more as soon as I can!

Cre8 Modding

Well first, sorry to rush through this one!

The 802 build is completed but there have been a couple of snags to get this one all finished. The first issue is the GPU I had for this build died, so it has been swapped out for an RTX 2080 that I had blocked already, but even that seems to be playing up sadly. Seems I will be on the lookout for some new cards in the new year, using the same cards for so many builds does have a downside it seems!

With the rush to get this finished, I haven't got any images of the loop going in, and it's been a case of making the best of this one. The bulkhead fittings were drilled in with the 30 series card in mind, but given the change to a 20 series, the alignment is now off and so I have had to use extra Alphacool fittings to get this lined up to where it was first intended. It's the same for the custom cables, again the 802 internal panels were cut for more of a straight-up design, but now have a curve to them, luckily the length of them was enough to get them where they needed to be.

The display, pretty much the same dimensions as what I used in the 20th Anniversary build looks great. Ive slapped a good old be quiet! logo on there for now but I might get creative with AIDA 64 in the new year and see what else I can come up with.

So yes, it's done. Not what was originally planned, and it certainly doesn't look as good as it did with the 30 series plumbed in, but overall it's a nice build. Not my favorite, but certainly not my worst! Il be back in 2023 with some more builds, I have a few bits lined up and a couple of cases I am really excited to get my hands on!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi Kris! Nice set-up. Good work :) I like it very much. Can you please provide us with the pictures for download as usual?