silent pump needed.

enelleranden

Im looking to replace my "old" pump combo, the pump has been replaced 2 times already due to clicking/rattle, looking for something more reliable but still "silent".

My loop is 2x240mm radiators, full cover gpu and cpu, the small dc-lt 2600 is more than enough for this loop but 3 pumps in 2 years......

any advice on any pumps with longer lifespan and still is silent (computer is in living room so noise level is 120mm fans running at 7-9V, that's why the 2x240mm radiators)

have seen videos of the VPP755 making noise after few weeks, but don't know if this is normal after some time.

are this set good?

or should i order a few replacement dc-lt 2600 pumps and just replace when it fails... (don't know the noise levels of other pumps)

for 15+ years ago i used a Eheim pump, it run totally silent and for over 10 years before it died, and the new lasted 4 month before i got the first replace pump (RMA)

And yes i only uses distilled water...

any advice is welcome.. ;)

/Flemming

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @enelleranden

For starters, in advance.
The size of your circuit is pretty close to the limit for the performance of a DC-LT pump. A second would even have to be added so that the flow rate is not too low.

I can only speak for myself now. I have not yet had any experience with the DDC pumps, I use a VPP755 V.3 and have had no problems with it for 3 years.
But yes the V.1 and V.2 had certain problems as far as I know.

But for a pump to actually break, it must have drawn in air (even if only for a second) or the wrong liquid (additives, pastel color). All of this can lead to bearing damage, which is reflected in a rattling, squeaking or grinding noise.

Pure distilled water is not a problem for a short time, but should not be used continuously. On the one hand it absorbs ions from the cooler over time and becomes conductive for electricity, and on the other hand there are no additives which in turn lubricate the pump and protect against algae formation. Therefore, either add the necessary additives or use a ready-to-use coolant.

Best Regards

enelleranden

think i will order dc-lt 3600 pump and give it at try using water from reverse osmosis system, and then add the additives... its worth a try...

and know 100% i don't run any pumps without water, so it must be impurities in the water grinding the ceramic away..

thanks for the answer, now i know these pumps are more fragile than i thought ;)

/flemming

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @enelleranden

But the DC-LT 3600 should be audible, since it is intended for the server area and it doesn't have to be silent.

No problem, if you have any questions just get in touch.
It is always difficult to give a direct pump recommendation.

Best Regards