Some advice for a watercooling noob please ...

Humon

Hi all,

Recently i bought a Eisbaer 280 for my CPU (10700k), but haven't installed it yet at the moment. I read about the extensibility of the product and i was thinking if i might as well do watercooling for my RTX 3080 as well. I found a suitable block for the reference design (it's a HP omen 3080, i know, don't shoot me!) but what should i do/buy to watercool this GPU? My case (define s) , has room for max 420 top + 420 front radiators.

- Should i have two separate loops, 1 for the CPU (Eisbaer) and 1 for the GPU or is it better to have a large "custom" loop ?
- If yes, can the Eisbaer 280 be part of this greater loop (cpu+gpu) and what do i need to buy to make this happen?
- If no, what parts, apart from the GPU block, do i need to get for the GPU? (I guess rad/pump/reservoir/hoses/etc)

What would a loop with cpu+gpu look like? (cpu -> rad -> gpu -> rad -> reservoir -> pump ?)

Excuse my noobiness, have enough experience in PC building but just not with custom watercooling, but i would like to take the plunge (pun intended). Just don't know where to start.

Thank you!

Daniel

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Humon ,
we have a product coming that will make GPU watercooling easy for you. But it will still take a few weeks before we release it.
It's the Eiswolf 2 wich is an AIO for GPU's. You can connect Eisbaer and Eiswolf to have one loop with a redundant pump.

If you do not want to wait you would need: Radiator, reservior, hose, fittings, pump, pump top, gpu-bock.
To connect this new loop to your Eisbaer you would also need an "Eisbaer extension set".

Making one big loop has the advantage of using all the radiators. This can archive better temperatures as full load on gpu and cpu at the same time is not that common.

Humon

Daniel,

Thank you for your reply, in the long run i think i'll be better off with a custom loop. So, i'm probably not going to use the Eisbaer AIO for now.
I do not care much about looks, but do care about silence :)

I was thinking of the following loop:

-> Eisbecher D5 250 VPP755 Res+Pump
-> Eisblock Aurora Acetal GPX-N RTX 3090/3080 Reference
-> Rad 420mm ST30 (in top of the case)
-> Eisblock XPX CPU
-> Rad 140mm ST30 (back of the case)

- Is this ok? Or change the order and have the CPU+140 rad first in the loop followed by the GPU+420? (GPU generates way more heat)
- I think i need 4 140mm "Static Pressure" type fans, which are recommended?
- Are these radiators good enough to cool a 10700k and a 3080, and will this pump be strong enough for this loop?
- Which liquid (clear) do i need to use, and how much?
- Am i forgetting essential parts? (valves, quick connects?)
- other things to consider?

Thanks again for your help, I'm learning a lot here!

With kind regards,
Humon

attached: shopping cart screenshot

Attachments

• acoolshoppincart.jpg
    acoolshoppincart.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 6

Daniel

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Humon ,

- the loop order dosen't really matter. As the fluid moves quite fast trough the cooler it's temperature only rises 1 or 2 degrees.

- our Eiswind 2 Fans are quite good. But you can of couse use whatever brand you want. Static pressure is what you want.

- The radiators are fine for these components. You can always add more radiators if silence is what you want. But with your selection your system should run with only some noise. You will have to adjust your fan curves ofc.

- The pump has plenty of power.

- As liquid you can use
or

1 Liter is enough but better order 2 Liters to have some spare. Also you should change the liquid once a year. (If the liquid is still perfectly clear you don't need to change it)

Things to consider:
- I would add a drain valve at the lowest point of your loop. Makes life easier in the future.
- Order some angled fittings. You wont belive how much frustration you can avoid ;)

I hope that helps.
best reagrds!