Strange noise started coming from my EISWOLF 240 GPX Pro Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080/2080Ti-M02

I currently are using an EISWOLF on my Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11G and all of a sudden started getting a strange noise from it. I wasn't sure what to do, so I flushed the coolant and put some more in. Now it seems like its not even cooling as the card is reaching temps of 88 degrees Celsius (or 190 degrees Fahrenheit). I'm just wondering if there was something I may of missed or something I can try.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Why didn't you get in touch straight away instead of doing it yourself first? Now there are many more potential sources of error.

If the pump makes noise, it is usually because it is getting air, which happens when the radiator is mounted in the housing in a position below the pump. In all AIOs, the radiator is always the expansion tank at the same time. If the radiator is mounted in the floor, for example, the pump will always get air and then break down.

When you refilled, did you remove the radiator from the board? Or did you fill the whole thing with the radiator mounted? And how did you fill it? Does the water flow when you run the eiswolf? Or does it not look like it?

Hi Eddy,

The radiator is mounted above the pump and when I refilled it, I removed the whole unit out of the PC. When I installed the unit back in to the PC it doesn't look like the water is flowing.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hm... sound the pump has a defect. Please get in touch wiht our support team: info@alphacool.com
Maybe they have a solution for you wich helps. I ahve no idea right now.... i only think the pump is down if you cant see any water flow.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Ah... sorry... you have the Eiswolf 1 not 2. Sorry, my fault. And sorry, again, i have no idea if its possible to change the pump. Did you asked our support team?