Tec Protect 2 Clear coolant being green in a month

Dakeyras

Hello,

I build my first custom loop with Tec Protect 2 Clear coolant, and after only a month my coolant is being green... I didn't notice any green spot, only the coolant being clear/green ... I assume that algae begin to grow into the loop?

I used only distilled water for flushing the rads before mouting all the parts (alphacool waterblocks for CPU and GPU and TPV Tubes) and filled with only tec protect 2 Clear.

How can I have algae in my loop with this coolant in only one month ? How can I solve that ?

Thank you !

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Show me a picture please. I dont think that are algae. You are using PVC tubes, right?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
My first idea was that it could be washed-out fabric softener from the pvc hose. But this is not possible with TPV hoses.
So I'm waiting for the picture so that we can see more clearly what it could be.

Dakeyras

IMG_20210826_191859.jpg
Hello,

The color in the picture is not exactly the real color of the coolant, but you can clearly see that the liquid is not clear.

What do you think of it ?

Thank you

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
That are not algae. Looks like some normal dirt or the liquid was not ok. Strange color. Please wirte an email directly to our support with a link to this thread: info@alphacool.com
All parts are from us?