Vpp 755 Pump Connection(13295)

Superlp12

Expecting delivery of the above item so need advice on the connection options available. I would like to control and monitor pump speed from software. My motherboard fan header has option to switch between voltage and pwm control.please advice on how I should go about connecting the pump wiring up to achieve that. Thanks.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

the VPP755 has 2 connection. One 4 Pin Molex for the voltage and will be connected directly with your power supply and one 4 Pin PWM pin for the PWM controlling. If you want to controll the Pump with PWM youhave to connect both of them.

Superlp12

Ok. I notice there is yellow cable. Must I also plug this into another fan header separate from the header plugged with the pwm cable? Thanks

Superlp12

Tell me if I figure it out correctly. The yellow cable reports fan speed and is to used when you are not using the pwm connection. And the pump can be controlled by varying voltage by switching the motherboard fan header in use to voltage control mode. I am usisng the Gigabyte Z370 Auros gaming 7. Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The yellow cable reports the pump speed, right, the blue cable is for the PWM signal. So you need to switch your fan header to PWM controll. And its impossible to put the cabel wrong on the mainboard because of the small noses on the connector.

Superlp12

Have taken delivery of the above order a few days ago. I notice there is a led cable. Is this standard rgb or digital rgb and if digital is it 5v or 12v? Is this similar for the xpx cpu block(yet to receive order # 30117693)? Thanks

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
As far i could see in your order there is no LED strip or similar product. Or do you mean the LED of the XPX block?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
The LED on XPX is not digital RGB just normal LED,s which can be operated at 12V. Alternatively you can use the Aourora LED Flexible Digital RGB from us but you need to cut the LED strip to make it fit in to the block which is a bit work intense.