Waterblock for RTX 2070 super Gigabyte gaming OC 3X

Thomas

Hi,
Is there a suitable Waterblock for my Gigabyte RTX 2070 super gaming OC 3X (GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GD)?
Thanks in advance

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We have 5 cooler for this card:

Thomas

I ordered the Eisblock aurora plexi GPX-N #11738 a month ago but this one does not fit my card. Its suitable for the gigabyte RTX 2070 super gaming OC (GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GC). But not for my RTX 2070 super gaming OC 3X (GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GD) since the PCB Layout is different on my card.
Maybe the new cooler #12984 is compatible ?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Well the block (12984) fits the 8GD version but you need to modify the card and we do not recommend it if you can not solder. The problem is the 3PIN RGB header which is plased above the condensators beside the power plug. This needs to be removed but it is at your own risk.

Thomas

This one is the RGB header I suppose ?
20200511_125859_resized.jpg

Do i also have to remove the header for the Fans on the other side of the card?
20200511_130732.jpg
I am totally aware of the risk.

Thomas

Since i have plenty experience in soldering, i think i'll give it a shot :).
GPU's are so cheap these day's anyway .. (irony off).
Keep up the great Support!! Thanks alot.

Weapon

I ordered the Eisblock aurora plexi GPX-N #11738 a month ago but this one does not fit my card. Its suitable for the gigabyte RTX 2070 super gaming OC (GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GC). But not for my RTX 2070 super gaming OC 3X (GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GD) since the PCB Layout is different on my card.
Maybe the new cooler #12984 is compatible ?
So, it's compatible or not? I didn't understood your answer. I have one (GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GD).

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Well the block (12984) fits the 8GD version but you need to modify the card and we do not recommend it if you can not solder. The problem is the 3PIN RGB header which is plased above the condensators beside the power plug. This needs to be removed but it is at your own risk.
Here you go :)