Watercooling a RX 5700 XT& Ryzen 7 3950X in a Streacom DA2

Cogitri

Hello,

seeing as I want a pretty powerful rig which is both amazing at productivity (I need those sweet, sweet 16 cores for development) and gaming but still wanting a small case I think I'll go for a Streacom DA2, will will allow me to mount one 280mm radiator and maybe another super slim 280mm one if I need to (I don't think I will though, I usually will only stress the CPU hard while the GPU is idling or the other way around). I want to use the Eiswolf system for that since I don't think I'll be able to fit a reservoir in here (and it sounds pretty tempting having a system which "just works", filling a loop with a Eisbaer combi-block doesn't seem fun :p), but apparently the block for the RX 5700XT which is Eiswolf Ready will only be available in a few weeks (and spending that much time with a reference design card doesn't sound fun) - so I'm unsure what's my best bet here:

* Just wait for the Eiswolf Ready RX5700XT block and bear with the reference design being at the verge of melting.

* Buy a normal RX5700XT block and try to put it in the system (and somehow fill that thing up). Can I somehow prefill the block to connect it as seamless as an Eiswolf one?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

The Eiswolf System is currently out of stock but it is also possible to use an Eisblock water block together with an Eisbaer. Since the Eisbaer has an Fillport and a small reservoir integrated you can refill the system very easy.
It is not really possible to prefill the water block if you do not have an external pump and reservoir.

Cogitri

Ah, okay, that's good to know. I've just watched your YouTube video explaining how to switch out the pump on an Eiswolf system and it seemed to me as if I had to fill the loop outside of the case then, is that true?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

Without an reservoir in the system we recommend to refill it outside because it is easier to remove the airbubbles. But if you use an Eisbaer with the integrated reservoir you can also refill the system inside. But you should safe your hardware with some towels.

Cogitri

Alrighty, just ordered the parts. I guess I'll try to fit everything in to cut the tubes to the right size and fill the thing up afterwards, thank you!