watercooling a small, isolated 19" cabinet (rack)

jasmin

Hi,

I have a small (very small) room with a 19" cabinet (isolated against noise) housing some components (switches, small servers/harddisks etc.) with 200-400W overall power consumption (heat dissipation), depends on cpu/network/disk usage.
I guess you can already imagine, that the noise isolation of the rack makes it necessary to use use some active cooling, which currently consists of 6x 80x80 silent fans, including vibration noise (despite tons of silicone/rubber washers etc.) – but unfortunately, the heat stays in the room, which gets warmer and warmer, because it is well isolated....
However: the idea is, to use water cooling in order to solve noise/vibration and cooling problems here, by drilling 2 holes through the wall for the cooling fluid pipes, and use "passive radiators" (0 db) in the large neighbor room (25-35°C (summer)) for dissipating the heat – as many radiators as needed are OK, because there is enough space.
The pipes can lead directly into the 19" cabinet, which then only needs 2 small holes (not the 6x 80x80 holes for the currently used fans), which should improve noise isolation.
Within the cabinet, in some way, the heat needs to be "collected": as there are not really extreme "hot spots", this is possibly an unusual situation: the heat is made up by many components, each adding arround 5-50W. So perhaps it is possible to use (possibly active, max 25-30db) radiators within the cabinet/there is approx 20cm cm of depth/space behind the components to collect the heat?
Furthermore the pumps should also be placed inside the cabinet (noise isolation), and they need to be redundant (2 pumps), each pump with a separate 230V power supply. The system MUST work/cool, all the time, as long there is power available – if needed/recommended, a third or fourth pump (or even a second cooling fluid circuit) would be OK.
Furthermore some sensors are very welcome: temperature sensors, pressure, pump OK etc., perhaps available via serial/USB or something (some documented protocol).

I hope this concept makes sense and, if yes, which components do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Jasmin